What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tomorrow 32GB of FUN

TechTech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all! I have been reading post for a while and finallydecided to join the forum family! I contemplated buying 16GB vs 32GB vs 64GBfor months! But once I read about the
2012 GoFlex Satellite Wireless Hard Drivew/500GB I decided it really didn’t matter which iPad purchased. I can keep mygames and fun apps ion the tablet and photos, vids and movies on the HardDrive.

Anyone else considered the GoFLex?

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I have a question, with iTunes Match let's say you don't really have songs bought from iTunes, do they still sync into iCloud? Or do they all have to be bought from iTunes?

Texas Holders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your iTunes purchases are automatically available for download from iCloud, free of charge. With iTunes Match, it matches the songs not purchased through iTunes and for those that aren't in the iTunes Store, it uploads them.

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I have probably less than 50 songs purchased through iTunes.

in total i had around 5,000 songs
itunes matched 3,950 + of my songs and made the iTunes store versions of those songs instantly available on my iCloud.
Those songs that were not matched, were then uploaded to my iCloud account.

after my entire music collection was available in iCloud, I actually deleted all music from my computer and downloaded the high quality iTunes store versions to my computer. If you have a song in your iCloud account that is not currently on your computer or device, you have the option of either just playing it directly over the internet or downloading the file to the computer/device.

also i got the app for Mac OSX called matchTag. It matched all my music song Names/Album names/cover art and all of that to match what it would be from the iTunes store. Over the years I have used many music ripping programs and they did not all name tracks the same way. My music collection has been greatly cleaned up and is now all 256kbps or higher quality.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you get an option not to proceed if you start MusicMatch and find you are going to be uploading a whole pile of stuff? I'm aware of the fact that only songs not in the store will require uploading, but I'm pretty sure that will be a whole lot for me.

Some of my musical tastes are reasonably straight forward. Some are considered strange by most civilized people, and even some uncivilized ones.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
T

TechTech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FedX just delivered! Also the Icloud is 5gb where GOflex is 500gb. I wouldnt put personal documents in the cloud. Music and Videos all day in the cloud. Let me get off this Xoom and open the Ipad boxes! ;)

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait.... So if you have iTunes Match up only get 5gb to store your music?

GnomeGrrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To clarify, iCloud gives you 5GB free. You can have extra, but it comes with an annual fee.

Most reactions

Latest posts