What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and the New Kindle Tablet Due Out Next Week.

Robert11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Have been seriously contemplating getting an iPad, although if I do will probably wait for the new one to be out, i guess, the first Q of 2012, maybe ?

Anyway, interesting reading re the new Kindle out next week. At about 1/2 the price, might be worth considering.
Opinions ?

The initial specs all seem to say something about this:

"It will have a 7-inch touchscreen and will only support two finger multi-touch screen, compared to the iPad 10 fingers support."

Really new re Tablets.

Could someone please explain what they mean by two finger support vs 10 for the iPad ?

And, I guess the 7" screen for the Kindle is quite a bit smaller than the iPad's.
Correct ?

Thanks,
Bob

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From all indications, the Amazon tablet (aka Kindle 4) will be a strong competitor for the Barnes and Noble "Nook," not the iPad, per se. And just as the iPad has sold very well among those who don't need all the functionality provided by a laptop/notebook, the Amazon Tablet may well be a strong contender for those who don't need all the features of the iPad. As for "two finger" vs "ten finger" support, my guess is that the author (whoever it is) may be commenting on the keyboard of the two devices.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Might as well see what Amazon delivers since launch date is around the corner.

When buying a gadget, the only thing that matters to me is how well it will meet my needs, no matter which company it comes from. I like my iPad 1 and 2, but I'll consider an Amazon tablet, too, if it meets my criteria. It's rumored to be wi-fi only at launch, though, which wouldn't interest me. The Samsung Note (no ETA or price yet) looks very appealing, so I'll probably buy. It's 5.3".

Most reactions

Latest posts