What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today's problem!

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Worked fine yesterday. Search box doesn't bring up the keyboard when using the Google app now.
E-mail, or any other "tap" function won't work either on the app.
Other search boxes, such as MSN's and others still work fine.
Any thoughts out there?
Thanks, Ken

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Worked fine yesterday. Search box doesn't bring up the keyboard when using the Google app now.
E-mail, or any other "tap" function won't work either on the app.
Other search boxes, such as MSN's and others still work fine.
Any thoughts out there?
Thanks, Ken

Ken - did you force close the app and then reopen it? If done and of no help, then do a 'hard' reset of your device, again if not already done? Directions vary depending on the iPad model, so you'll need to do some googling to see the specific steps if unfamiliar w/ the process. Good luck - Dave :)

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ken - did you force close the app and then reopen it? If done and of no help, then do a 'hard' reset of your device, again if not already done? Directions vary depending on the iPad model, so you'll need to do some googling to see the specific steps if unfamiliar w/ the process. Good luck - Dave :)

Thanks Dave but don't know what "force close" means? I've closed the app by swiping up and I've also shut down and re-started the IPAD which is IOS 14.4.
I've tried to find this same app in the App Store but can't.
Just noticed something. If I "hold" my finger on the search space the keyboard comes up then......weird!!
Ken

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Dave but don't know what "force close" means? I've closed the app by swiping up and I've also shut down and re-started the IPAD which is IOS 14.4.
I've tried to find this same app in the App Store but can't.
Just noticed something. If I "hold" my finger on the search space the keyboard comes up then......weird!!
Ken

Hi Ken - to 'force close' an app - open the 'App Switcher' screen (shown below on my iPad Pro - same iPadOS as you have installed - then as in my text, simply press/hold the misbehaving app and swipe it off the top of the screen - on a restart the app often works correctly (you might have already done that?). If that does not help, then a 'hard' or 'forced' restart of the iPad can be tried (terminology has gotten somewhat confusing and there are several ways to restart an iPad) - does vary depending with the iPad model (e.g. presence or absence of a home button), so some googling will help. Dave :)
IMG_2010.PNG

Most reactions

Latest posts