What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today is my 6th year with iPad forums.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Time fly's fast. Today , Australian time marks my 6th year with iPad forums. Much I have not been as active over the past year however I still pop in from every day. A lot of water has passed under the bridge and the iPad as a product has grown beyond expectations. In the very first days I joined every one was excited about the new upcoming iPad 1 When it was released the activity in the forum was amazing, users not just from USA but around the world started asking questions. I remember a user whom lived in Britain was having issues with his iPad The support time went on for 2 days with heaps of posts . He had purchased it via a friend in USA. Finally after realising we could not resolve his issue he flew to New York and had it replaced. Now thats dedication! The iOS has grown to become a slick operation system. The Apple store had a only a hand full of Apps now we have thousands. One thing has changed is I am finding we have less numbers of users requesting support. I believe this is because Apple has made it easier to fix issues but I could be wrong.
Part of my job in the forums was to add new sub forms. I started with the international forums which grew to cover many counties around the world. Our team of admin staff plus moderators did an amazing job in responding to users in their language which included Chinese. Many other forums were added to make it easier for users to communicate about specific issues. Over the time I have see many of our volunteer staff come and go however in saying that I have to compliment the hard working team whom maintain this forum plus the other 3 Apple forums. Some of our staff look after all 4 forums. Looking at alternative forums I still maintain this is one of the best. One reason it is family friendly I have joined other forums only to see abuse plus fowl language across conversations which frankly I hate. Our forums are private so we do not allow that so conversations are clean.

My thanks go to the millions of users whom both are members and visitors you make the forums successful. Forum foundry, our owners do an amazing job keeping the servers going and keeping up the changes that take place How they manage 40 plus forums is beyond me.
Yes 6 years thanks guys for making it a great place to live.........Looking forward to another 6 years. One more thing I am replacing my aging iPad 3 with a new iPad pro this week so even though I am 71 I am still active LOL

Cheers from Australia Colin

Last edited:

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you to all the administrators and moderators who have deftly flielded all the questions about iPad problems over the past 6 years.
Though I did not register here till July 2011 I was already "lurking" using the old app from 2010 to learn from others' questions and responses as I learned to use my original iPad so have benefitted from all your expert advice since the beginning and have found everyone to be welcoming and helpful especially to any of us who were not particularly confident in using the technology.
Long may IPF continue!!

centella4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, I feel like a newbie here. Not much to add so I just follow and read. But now I have a curiosity. I just noticed a little symbol that follows our user name. What is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, I feel like a newbie here. Not much to add so I just follow and read. But now I have a curiosity. I just noticed a little symbol that follows our user name. What is it?

Do you mean this symbol? [OP] It means that that member is the first poster in a particular thread.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I think it's from the latest Tapatalk update and shows that a person is online. At least - that's my guess.

Looks like this:

5895b2b42f4f166db0fe892660033c99.jpg

Marilyn

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's from the latest Tapatalk update and shows that a person is online. At least - that's my guess.

Looks like this:

5895b2b42f4f166db0fe892660033c99.jpg

Marilyn
Thanks Marilyn, I guess you're right. I too was wondering about that. But I'm also wondering why we should have to be guessing about this. Just providing a clear-cut legend about these mysteriously-appearing symbols would have been helpful where we keep getting such out of the blue constant changes from Tapatalk.
Andrew

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it means that someone is a "VIP". No idea how you become a VIP in Tapatalk:
image.jpeg

Some of the people in Tapatalk have a t next to them, even if they're online, others have that v, although they are offline.

centella4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, and I thought it was for "veteran", lol.

hk91308

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congrats and thank you very much to members and people like you, so newbies like myself can learn so much from and hope to one day give back to the community here

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats and thank you very much to members and people like you, so newbies like myself can learn so much from and hope to one day give back to the community here
I'm sure you will. We all started from the beginning and when we learned enough, we started to help our fellow members with their own questions and problems.

Most reactions

Latest posts