What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To those who recently ordered their iPad from Apple?

trnjackie23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mines on the 14th of this month and Apple gave me this piece of information : Delivers: Apr 22 - Apr 28 <---is this accurate? how long did it took you to receive your order? (after the release date or something like that?) haha sorry, a bit anxious to get my hands on this thing. I have an iPod Touch 1st gen, and iPhone 3GS, but I couldn't resist the shiny new iPad x)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is that the delay on the WiFi?

Everyone that ordered theirs on day one had to wait a month.

OP
T

trnjackie23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm? what do you mean?
yes this is the wifi model but what do you mean by delay on the wifi? o.o

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well its saying you will get it in 1 to 2 weeks....meaning the demand is still really high

OP
T

trnjackie23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^ ah okay, thanks :)
it says ships in 5-7 days and delivers apr 22-28 thats why i was wondering.

Caps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was delivered the day apple said it should ship

OP
T

trnjackie23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^thanks for that piece of information! now i can look forward to it lol

jchawk2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine on the late on the 12th and it said will ship in 5-7 business days and deliver on the 20th-26th. it's been 4 business days (saturday-sunday dont count) so I expect the "Not Yet Shipped" status to change Monday. Your's should ship on wednesday and hopefully you should get it by saturday. I have ordered macbooks and ipods straight from apple in the past and that is the way the 5-7 day deal usually works, they ship it in 5 and you get your package about 2 days later. dont worry i'm drooling as well :)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple store is an estimate only Once you place the order that date will be closer Please remember all ipads are built in china so delays can happen All will be fine as they say go for a long walk do what ever to pass the time before the baby arrives

jchawk2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE: yesterday around 5pm eastern my status went to Prepared for Shipment... I've been checking non-stop and still no tracking number. should be changing to Shipped sometime today with tracking details. keep you guys posted

trnjackie. any change on your end?

dwagner88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has said prepared for shipment for a day now. My card has been charged but no tracking number yet. My estimated delivery was between today and the 26th. It's gonna have trouble making that deadline if they don't ship it today.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered one for my college bound little brother. It says it should arrive by may 3rd.

jchawk2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE: status changed from Prepared for shipment to Shipped, estimated delivery is the 23rd, shipped via Fed-Ex... anybody else have any luck?

dwagner88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE: status changed from Prepared for shipment to Shipped, estimated delivery is the 23rd, shipped via Fed-Ex... anybody else have any luck?

Not me. Still says prepared for shipment. I really thought that I would get a shipment notification today, but no such luck. If it doesn't ship early tomorrow I won't see it till Monday. FedEx doesn't do Saturday deliveries here. I ordered on the 12th at 8:49PM eastern.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts