What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To small

H

hayseed

there are a lot of forums I enter that have the smallest boxes you ever saw, the boxes I am referring to is the ones with the page numbers on them. Most of them are not even a 16th of an inch square. What is wrong with these people who do this. I have a full size iPad just recently had a mini, and I always use a stylus. With my reading glasses and this narrow stylus, I consider it luck every time I hit the right box. Even the double arrow keys back and fourth are no bigger, those sites need to come to this one and see how it's done, I know there are millions of people that must share this problem. What can we do about this. The ads they place on there forums sure seem to be big enough.

Please if someone knows someone, have a stern talk with them. Please and thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Forums tend to be a tiny bit behind the times, which means most are still designing for computer OS's and mice or trackpads. Accuracy isn't as much of an issue there.

This forum, and the related ones using the same software, aren't too bad. It's one of the first packages to consider mobile in it's design. There's a little way to go, but it's a huge improvement over where we were just a few months ago.

Basically, we're waiting for forum designers to figure out how to deal with the new world of mobile and tablets. It's only been 7 years since the iPhone debuted, and only 4 since the iPad. We've come a long way very quickly, but there is still a fair hike to go.

In the mean time you can always use a forum app like Tapatalk. While it wont' give you every feature available on the website you can do almost all your reading and responding in the app, with tools and buttons designed to work on your device.

Here is a good thread by Mickey330 on the app and how to use it. Hold in mind that the app has gone through a major UI redesign since, but the general principles remain the same.

http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/using-the-tapatalk-app-in-lieu-of-the-ipf-app.122426/

OP
H

hayseed

Thanks for your response, I looked at the tutorial for tap a talk. Then went to apps. Downloaded the app. Seemed like tutorial to old for updated app. I don"t know. But in any case it was, collectively all harder than Chinese arithmetic.

Again thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. Here is a quick visual guide. Let me know if you need more details or have questions.

VVVV (one or the other, not both) VVVV
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418511793.099462.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418511810.262911.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418511822.447201.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418511835.164998.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418511845.566535.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions