What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wife with iPad vs Husband with Xoom

OP
B

Butterflyrf71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think some people are missing the point here. The point is not technical.

The point was not to offend anyone or compare Mac vs Android.

Tablet vs Tablet is how we see it.

We just thought we would share what we are finding. Others may have totally different experiences.

We are not IT experts, or software developers. We are everyday gadget geeks exploring.

My husband is currently in Europe and we will post how he managed with the Xoom.

To date we also noticed that the iPad charges faster, and that the mic quality seems to be overall a tad better on the iPad as well.

Neither of us is using 3G.

Please try not to take this thread too seriously and argue over what any of this means.

We were just trying to have some fun comparing.

Thanks to all that liked the idea for the post. I hope you got where I was going.

More to come for those that are interested.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No one really gets it in this thread. The reason people love the iPad is that you are close to a MacBook experience with the instant on HD apps.
Sent from my iPad using iPF

That sure as heck isn't the reason I like my iPad. I have used MacBooks on several occasions and have never had a burning desire to buy one. I used an iPad once and I immediately wanted it. If the iPad was more like a MacBook and less like a big iPod Touch I probably wouldn't own it.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
The main point is user experience. Having the fastest CPU, or having more apps, or having USB connectors are technical features, but in the end, what does really matter is user experience.

VicoPad addict!

OP
B

Butterflyrf71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly DrHouse. Well put. This is simply meant to be about user experience.

My husband gets a kick out of humor, therefore the analogies about the brick and frisbee, as well as the website loading where the iPad smoked the Xoom.

Though I can see my husband making some changes before he gets home from Europe and he may break out a stopwatch next time we race to a web site.

:)

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Butterflyrf71 said:
I think some people are missing the point here. The point is not technical.

The point was not to offend anyone or compare Mac vs Android.

Tablet vs Tablet is how we see it.

We just thought we would share what we are finding. Others may have totally different experiences.

We are not IT experts, or software developers. We are everyday gadget geeks exploring.

My husband is currently in Europe and we will post how he managed with the Xoom.

To date we also noticed that the iPad charges faster, and that the mic quality seems to be overall a tad better on the iPad as well.

Neither of us is using 3G.

Please try not to take this thread too seriously and argue over what any of this means.

We were just trying to have some fun comparing.

Thanks to all that liked the idea for the post. I hope you got where I was going.

More to come for those that are interested.

I think it's great to compare with an open mind. On that note, it could be learning curve or a limitation to the iPad. I was going to quote only the tablet to tablet line. Text selection on my android is easier (for me).

I've been in IT for fifteen years, and I love my toys. I'm someone open to all OS options, and I haven't found a one size fits all in anything, likely never will. Since the iPad is the new toy, the android tablet is getting neglected but not forever.

Most reactions

Latest posts