What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To get rid of unwanted software from ipad2

Basab Talukdar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mistakenly agreed to check the internet speed by clicking "SpeedWhat" and now facing lot of problems in surfing the net. Kindly suggest what to do. It has also slowed down my ipad2.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Reset Safari in Settings and all should be good.

There will be no long term effects since iOS does not allow BHOs to be installed.

OP
B

Basab Talukdar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, sir, but I do not find any option to reset my Safari on my iPad2 in settings.

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get MacScan and it will remove malware from your Mac. It has an updating library of known malware apps, tracking cookies and others. It can remove or quarantine found malware.

This is for Mac, not iPad.

I have 3 websites and use several popular browsers to check how they look and work. I am on the net every day. I scan regularly. Today it scanned 3154 cookies and found 10 tracking cookies. 7 were from Yahoo, 1 was from as.webmd.com, 1 was from in.getclicky.com, and 1 was from cdns.gigya.com.

In the 9 scans I have run, MacScan has found and removed 124 spyware installations. I have used Macs since 1990. The era of malware free computing is over. It can now be installed simply by visiting a page. The user no longer has to be fooled into clicking a link.

Last edited:

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chinajon. I use a PC and have NEVER had such an experience. I too am on the Internet constantly. Maybe the moral of your story is to use a PC ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Gtatler.
If you accept cookies, which you do, or your comment would not be customized, you are experiencing exactly what I am aware of, and you are not.
CJ

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I find this amazing I have never had malware on my Mac and also my clients have never reported on this issue on 1000 Macs installed in my client data base. Non of my sites use any form of virus protection so I really do not understand this above post

One more thing this thread is about an issue on an iPad so I am confused why your solution is this so called malware removal software used on a Mac

Last edited:

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What kind of problem are you facing exactly? Is it for iPads or mac? Or are you attempting to use a mac anti virus and use it for an iPad?

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sure you have heard of MacDefender or MacSecurity or MacProtector or MacGuard installation packages, right? These were malwares for OSX. Newer malware efforts continue.

The original posters question was about the Mac. He added the question about iPad as an afterthought.

You can learn about efforts to remove malware on the Apple Support site.
SecureMac has discovered a new trojan horse in the wild that affects Mac OS X. The trojan horse, trojan.osx.boonana.a, is spreading through social networking sites, including Facebook, disguised as a video.
When a user clicks the infected link, the trojan initially runs as a Java applet, which downloads other files to the computer, including an installer, which launches automatically. When run, the installer modifies system files to bypass the need for passwords, allowing outside access to all files on the system.

Helmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone help please. In Safari I have a message I cannot get rid of.

Http//mobmessage1.com
Today you could be our lucky visitor and
Win a brand new apple product

Each week we give away iPads iPhone 5's
MacBook airs

Press OK to continue

I haven't pressed, nor do I want to press OK but I cannot leave this tab and therefore can't use Safari

What can I do?

Most reactions

Latest posts