What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Needing info

mbroadway

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new here. Considering getting my wife an iPad for her birthday. She reads a lot (thought about getting a Kindle) but she also surf the net all day while I'm at work, reading blogs. She has a laptop but constantly complains that it's too slow and gets spyware and adware in it, and things get bogged down.

I'm wondering if the iPad would be the best option for her net surfing and her book reading. Plus she has a lot of photos that she downloads to her laptop. I'm wondering if she can move the existing photos from her laptop to the iPad and download any new photos directly to the iPad.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

Michael

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome!

The great thing about the iPad is that you are not limited to getting books from Amazon like you would be with the stand-alone Kindle device. Although Amazon is still the best source for books (IMHO), there are also apps from Barnes & Noble and Borders. There is also a very good reading app called Stanza where you can get tons of free stuff from places like Project Gutenberg in addition to a very popular self-publishing site called SmashWords.

As far as pictures, she can sync her iPad to her laptop and transfer pictures that way. There is also an app to one of the best photo sharing sites: Photobucket.

You might want to download the iPad User Guide from Apple's website --

Apple - Support - Manuals

It is a pretty big .pdf file (154 pages), so it will take a couple of minutes to download, but once you do, you can save it so you don't have to re-download it every time you want to look at it.

Most reactions

Latest posts