What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

Freebird08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I ask what u mean by ur "browser folder"? I'm new to this tech stuff
Thanks,

emelpenni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello - I have searched this particular thread and I remember someone saying they were able to print out the entire thread - I have tried to do so and can only print out the first set in the printable version. I have selected print 40 posts and it always goes back to the original page. It would be easier for me to read and take notes on a printed version while I am at work. I am hoping someone can telle me what I am doing wrong...THANKS~

mwasapi23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Silent Assassin said:
HAHAHA.. I feel kind of funny knowing I spent all this money on an Etch-A-Sketch...

Surely, I was doubting but it is real....huh

01steve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can move your app icons from one field to another on your home screen so they are where use want them most. Enter giggly mode, drag an icon DOWN INTO THE BOTTOM TRAY. Swipe into a new field of your home screen and giggle it out. The bottom tray holds 6 icons and they don't have to be APPLE app icons. I don't like the safari main page so I inserted mine onto them bottom tray and moved the safari icon out.
Jon
Can you move one app to another page?

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
01steve said:
Can you move one app to another page?

Yes you can, there's an easier way than the one that you quoted. Rather than moving it into the bottom tray you can just hold an app near the edge of the screen and it will auto scroll to the next page.

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

01steve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys who can suggest an app for word excel ppt and adobe? Hope nobody heard me say the A word!! One that I can also edit not just a reader. My office uses these tools and I use my iPad for emails on the go. Preferably one thats free. If possible.

ChaystEr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont know if i read it in this thread but there is an app killer also where you can "kill" the apps you just minimized or closed using the Home button because they are still running in the background.
Slide your four (or how many depends on your multi-gesture options) up and the apps that you use will all show below, long press the apps until it wiggle then click the red sign to kill the app, same goes with all the apps you like to kill.

Sent from my iPad2 using Forum Runner

DarkRavenMoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a quick tip for anyone that doesn't like that you can't set Safari to open with a set home page.

1. Open Safari and manually navigate to the page you'd like for your 'home page' EG www.google.co.uk

2. Press the middle button on the bottom status bar that looks like a box with an arrow then select 'Add to Home Screen'.

3. Use the new icon to launch Safari from now on and hey presto you have your very own start page :)

Sorry if this has already been posted by the way.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont know if i read it in this thread but there is an app killer also where you can "kill" the apps you just minimized or closed using the Home button because they are still running in the background.
Slide your four (or how many depends on your multi-gesture options) up and the apps that you use will all show below, long press the apps until it wiggle then click the red sign to kill the app, same goes with all the apps you like to kill.

Sent from my iPad2 using Forum Runner

Apps in the list you are showing are not running in background. Yes, you can do what you suggest, if you have lots of time on your hands ... it isn't necessary, as iOS automatically eliminates apps if it needs the memory for new activity. The list is just the history of what you have had active. They are not necessarily active.

ChaystEr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madhatter61 said:
Apps in the list you are showing are not running in background. Yes, you can do what you suggest, if you have lots of time on your hands ... it isn't necessary, as iOS automatically eliminates apps if it needs the memory for new activity. The list is just the history of what you have had active. They are not necessarily active.

Thanks for the clarification.. I must have misinterpreted the procedure.. :)

Sent from my iPad2 3g+WiFi using Forum Runner

imjune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ChaystEr said:
Hi guys. Ipad2 newbie here for two weeks now. I hope there is a tip or a trick on Yahoo Mail where i can download attached files and vice versa (attach files). Dropbox so far is the best answer for me around but this is quite not convenient with my clients for the latterproblem. Thanks.

Well AFAIK I can only send a file from the file itself, not through the mail app. U can do it by opening the corresponding app for the file u want to send, eg: u want to send a microsoft word file, just open quick office or docs to go or whatever u have, choose the file u need and find a command which tell u to send it by mail. Each app has different button and command. As for picture, just open photo browser, pick the one u want to send and find the button to send it.

Most reactions