What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jockscrap said:
I've just discovered that when browsing in Safari, if you hold your finger over the arrow that takes you back a page, a drop down list of the browsing history of that tab appears for quick navigation to a page you looked at before. It also works for going forward.

Cool, didn't know this one!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

ebunny42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Demandarin! My iPad2 was frozen in the QuickOffice Help facility and I couldn't get it to do anything until I tried this, and it worked great! I'm gonna put you in for sainthood!
Ebunny42

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's something handy I discovered about the Reminders app. I used it for the first time to do a shopping list for the supermarket. I made a new list within the Reminders app on my iPad, which through the power of the cloud, ends up on my iphone for easy reference at Tesco. As I checked off the items on the shopping list, they went in to the completed list. This is the cool bit...when you uncheck them from the completed list, they go back on the shopping list ( not the generic Reminders list), meaning that with time you can build up a comprehensive list of all the stuff you buy, and only need to type the name of the item in once, then simply check and uncheck as required to keep a current shopping list on the go.

This is fast becoming one of my favourite apps.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jockscrap said:
Here's something handy I discovered about the Reminders app. I used it for the first time to do a shopping list for the supermarket. I made a new list within the Reminders app on my iPad, which through the power of the cloud, ends up on my iphone for easy reference at Tesco. As I checked off the items on the shopping list, they went in to the completed list. This is the cool bit...when you uncheck them from the completed list, they go back on the shopping list ( not the generic Reminders list), meaning that with time you can build up a comprehensive list of all the stuff you buy, and only need to type the name of the item in once, then simply check and uncheck as required to keep a current shopping list on the go.

That's a great find and a very useful one......thanks for the great post Jockscrap!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've copied and pasted. Thanks Jockstrap. Great idea for my Tesco shop.

Sent from my fantastically wonderful witiPhone using iPF

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jockscrap said:

I was wondering how this could be utilised properly, thanks for the heads up, I shall use for the Tesco shop also!

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

GROMMIE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Instead of pushing the home button twice which I assume will lead to a mechanical failure, you can just stroke the screen with four fingers together...same effect!Push up tp reveal and then Dow n to return

Last edited:

scrimnz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have got this (pagezipper) on my MacBook Pro, but can't work out how to get it on the iPad. Would appreciate any help.

Last edited:

Batpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scrimnz said:
Have got this (pagezipper) on my MacBook Pro, but can't work out how to get it on the iPad. Would appreciate any help.

I believe that is a bookmarklet and if you have it as a bookmark on your mac and your iCloud account is setup to sync bookmarks between safari on your mac and safari on your iPad, it should already be on your iPad.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - The only stupid question is the one you don't ask

toemaytoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.scottolso.ca
If you go to settings-keyboard-shortcuts you can create a shortcut for often used phrases and more. I created a shortcut to take the place of a standard clause I use in preparing contracts so now three letters takes the place of a couple of minutes of typing. I have also used it to create shortcuts for the trademark and copywrite symbols. This was one of the few features that I missed when I migrated from blackberry to the iPhone!

Most reactions

Latest posts