What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For those that don't know. In mail if you get sent photos, just tap and hold the photo and you can 'save the image' to your camera roll

Shayla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
For those that don't know. In mail if you get sent photos, just tap and hold the photo and you can 'save the image' to your camera roll

You also can do this on the web
For example searching an image in google and then tap and hold picture and same option pops up :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

bucibeci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you triple click the home button, you can zoom in on the screen or make it black/White (choose this setting in general, accessibility)

DebbieH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well golly gee...I just learned another trick! Thanks so much Rich! I always heard that one of the cons about the iPad First Generation was that you couldn't multiple-task! Guess they were wrong! I am so glad to find you smart folks! ♥

so you are happy to know there is such a thing called "multitasking" for iOS devices, how about you watch this video and be more happy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a52zu-ocAd0]iPad iOS 4.3 multitasking gestures - YouTube[/ame]

Cool! Thanks Poser!!!I am MORE happy!:D

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Finding Info on a Webpage in Safari

If you're searching for specific references to someone or something and you don't want to read an entire webpage, when in Safari, you can do the following:

1. Type the word in the Safari search box located in the top right of the screen.
2. While you're typing the word, the pull down menu right under the search box will automatically appear. Scroll to the bottom of this menu.
3. Select your typed word in the "On This Page" section of the pull down menu. (The number of matches is also displayed right next to the words "On This Page.")
4. To progress through the webpage to find all matches, select the word "Next" located in the lower left corner of your screen.

Allyson

edeyspeedy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you hold down a lettter on the keyboard you get new letters-French etc
Eg.:à ßūñ

edeyspeedy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go onto settings general accessibility you can make you iPad White on black and everything is cool colours

You can set a triple click home screen button to do stuff eg White on black-triple click to turn off when set

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take a screenshot: Press Home and the sleep/wake button simultaneously. The screenshot will automatically appear among your photos.
The screenshot trick is definitely my favorite- can't wait to use it. :D

Triple tap the home button turns everything black/negative.

Very handy for e-reading programs that don't have a white on black option for reading an night built in.

You have to set that option in the Accessibility menu. Triple click is default set to some other function.
Another awesome tip. I just sold my beloved nook (to raise money for the iPad) and loved e-ink. I'll miss that, but reading books on a black screen vs. white will be really nice!

Another great trick!

Hasty said:
No ones mentioned that you can flick the , up to get a ' .
Use it all the time.
Sweet.

Last edited:

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but...

Sick of your little ones randomly deleting or installing apps?

Go to settings and set up a restriction to disable installing or deleting apps, its that easy 

(thanx to mbern1008 - taught me this from another thread)

Last edited:

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great thread, so much interesting tips 

I have a query, from my iphone, how do i email a video, this video has been taken by the ipone itself. I can email pictures but the option to email videos does not appear ?"

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bucibeci said:
If you triple click the home button, you can zoom in on the screen or make it black/White (choose this setting in general, accessibility)

or activate voiceover... so cool!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good karma said:

I have a query, from my iphone, how do i email a video, this video has been taken by the ipone itself. I can email pictures but the option to email videos does not appear ?"

Sorry to hear you're having that trouble. Have you tried clearing your multi tasking bar by double pressing the home button, then long pressing an app until they start to jiggle and then u can clear them. If you've tried that, do a soft reset by holding the home button and the button on the top right of your phone simultaneously until the turn off slide appears, then restart your phone. You should be good to go then.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another Tip that I use a lot. If you find yourself visiting a site often and it doesn't have an app, press the little square with the arrow which is left of the browser address, the one to set a bookmark and you can also 'add to homescreen'. This creates an app for that site and adds it to your screen. Enjoy!!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

On my iPhone 4, you can email a video by clicking on the bottom left icon, just as you do when you want to email a photo. A prompt then pops up, with the top choice being "Email video."

Most reactions

Latest posts