What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tip: You can put 6 Icons on your App Tray

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, you could only have 4 with the iPhone unless you jailbreaked your phone.

You can have 6 on the iPad without jailbraking it.

OP
kilofox

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is an app tray?

Its the very bottom row of icons on the iPad, just above the iPad button. The default icons are Safari, Mail, Photos, and iPod. You can drag 2 more icons from any screen and add them to your app tray. You can also drag off any of the default icons and replace them with ones of your choosing.

Patra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I have an iPhone but had not heard the term "app tray." Love, love, love all the apps, though.

JCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info - will try that now. Now I am wondering how many pages of apps the system will display...?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad app's quantity

Thanks for the info - will try that now. Now I am wondering how many pages of apps the system will display...?

Seem's (based on what i read) is 11 pages of app's

G.a.r.y

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yep 11 pages. Four more apps per page than the iPhone.

I am not pleased. I own hundreds of apps. This device should not be restricted on the number of apps.

OP
kilofox

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yep 11 pages. Four more apps per page than the iPhone.

I am not pleased. I own hundreds of apps. This device should not be restricted on the number of apps.

Why did you buy hundreds of apps when the iPhone has even less pages than the iPad? Or were you jailbroken? If so, the iPad will have the "cure" soon enough. :D

Most of my iPhone apps look like crap in the iPad when 2x'd ... unless I absolutely need it, I dont plan on running any on the iPad.

gregg37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love to know what "hundreds" of apps you deem worthy of hanging onto. I'm lucky if I can fill 2 pages of anything worth keeping.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed this first day...it only makes sense since the screen is longer.

Most reactions

Latest posts