What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on MobileMe??

iChuckNorris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iChuckNorris said:
This is all I want MobleMe for. I wonder about it's usefulness with the WiFi only iPad, but if nothing else the option to remote wipe the device if it does pop up online somewhere is comforting.

IMO, if someone steals my device I'll be more worried about them having access to my stored passwords, docs and accounts than the device itself. I have a PIN configured, I figure that the average thief is going to be more concerned with restoring the system to defaults and selling it than trying to crack my device to get my info.... in which case MobileMe isn't going to help me.

As for doc storage... I use Dropbox and it works just fine for me without the $99/yr fee.

Yeah. I use drop box way more than iDisk. And I only stick with it because I get it free and the calendar and contact sync is seamless.

To each his own. I don't use the calendar and contact function much, but I can understand how they are important to those who do.

Most reactions