What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This works! Targus Stylus for Apple® iPad™

G

greekjgg

The bigger tip seems like it would write like a thick sharpie?

built

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Targus works great with my screen protector. I have a Power Support Crystal film on my iPad.

I don't know how it would work with a thicker film like the Zagg.

Osros

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The bigger tip seems like it would write like a thick sharpie?

Not really, I don't use drawing or note apps yet but from what little I tried it seems fine also any good app will have pen or brush size adjust so you can select very thin or thick lines when you draw.

rifleman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The pogo sketch is definitely not the way to go in my opinion. The tip is very wide and the foam is too soft, to the extent of crumpling each time I use it. While the part that goes in your hand is nice, I can already see having to replace the tip w/i the week......and I've only had it for a week!!!

There has got to be a pen for the iPad that has a rubber tip which the screen will read but wont crumble like a Toll House. Maybe something like the orginal Palm use to have??

GiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The pogo sketch is definitely not the way to go in my opinion. The tip is very wide and the foam is too soft, to the extent of crumpling each time I use it. While the part that goes in your hand is nice, I can already see having to replace the tip w/i the week......and I've only had it for a week!!!

There has got to be a pen for the iPad that has a rubber tip which the screen will read but wont crumble like a Toll House. Maybe something like the orginal Palm use to have??

There is, and it's already been discussed in the previous page of this thread. I linked to it earlier- the Boxwave stylus (believe same as Targus). Works well for me (as well as you can expect for capacitive touch technology). The best stylus I've used - and I have used Pogo (piece of sh@t), the Dagi (ok, but not great- better than Pogo though), and now this one, which feels good on the screen and tip won't crumble- works well.

texaslonghorn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey GiPad - the Boxwave website compatibility chart doesn't have iPad listed. Does it matter which one you buy?

GiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey GiPad - the Boxwave website compatibility chart doesn't have iPad listed. Does it matter which one you buy?

Shouldn't, no. Anything that is a "capacitive touch stylus" will work. Here is the link to them on the Amazon site, in 4 different colors (and they're $3 cheaper than when I bought mine!) [ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=boxwave+ipad&x=0&y=0]Amazon.com: boxwave ipad[/ame]

GiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Shouldn't, no. Anything that is a "capacitive touch stylus" will work. Here is the link to them on the Amazon site, in 4 different colors (and they're $3 cheaper than when I bought mine!) [ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=boxwave+ipad&x=0&y=0]Amazon.com: boxwave ipad[/ame]

Opps..it didn't like that link. try this one (this is black, but they come in silver, red, etc) [ame=http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-Capacitive-iPad-Stylus-Black/dp/B000BUI76S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1284585748&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: BoxWave Capacitive iPad Stylus (Jet Black): Electronics[/ame]

Ipadluv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does not work with Zagg

Hi, I have a zagg screen protector and the targus stylus being rubber at the end does not work with the screen protector very well.

So, I am still searching for a stylus that works good for note taking with the screen protector on.

I use sound note to record the audio and take the notes and try using the keyboard but a stylus would make a hell of a difference.

Ipadluv

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also use the Targus stylus and am looking for a screen protector film that is compatible with the Targus Stylus
The Power Support film isn't sold in Canada, apparently

Jab004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Targus stylus, and really like it. I take extensive notes, and it works very well (I do not have a screen protector). I highly recommend it.

a.don.is

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
adonistech.wordpress.com
I have used the Targus stylus for about a week now. While I do like it's size (could be a bit thicker) and it's aesthetic design, it definitely has some weak points.

The biggest weakness is when using it for handwriting. It does indeed slide smoothly over the screen with no skipping, the rounded tip dosent make a fine enough contact to really replicate handwriting. I tried it in several diffent apps to eleminate the argument that it was the apps calibration. It feels like writing with a crayon. You have to write HUGE to make anything legible.

Now as far as drawing or anything graphic related, it's awesome! Much better than the useless Pogo. Good control and even performed good in apps that are pressure sensitive. So basically I guess it depends on what you need it for. I'm going to keep it for the art uses, but still looking for one for handwriting.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read somewhere that the iPad screen by nature is made to detect a "large" contact surface and determine its center, hence why there is no stylus with a fine narrow tip, such as there was on Palm Pilots styluses at the beginning of this century

Most reactions

Latest posts