What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This works! Targus Stylus for Apple® iPad™

Hollybry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Based on this thread, I went to Best Buy and bought the Targus Stylus. Very nice! I had purchased a pack of styli(?) off ebay that said they were for Ipad use, but you had to push down so hard, I was afraid I would break something. This Targus Stylus is much, much better!

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah- I think it's pretty good too. Wouldn't mind it a tad longer, but it works great for my needs.

snoApple

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Warhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All - thanks for the info. Guess I'll have to just experiment since it seems to be toss up between the Targus and Boxwire. We'll see how it turns out since I have a lot of note taking to do.

OP
N

Nightstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think its glides better than a finger on a clean screen.

ChemoSabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received a Hard Candy stylus as a Christmas present. So far, I really like it. It has a pen on one end and a iPad/iPhone stylus on the other.

Has 2 drawbacks.
1. The caps don't fit on the other ends when they are removed. You have to be careful not to lose them. To me this is a basic design flaw that Hard Candy really needs to fix with the next version.
2. There is no pocket clip. Not as big a deal as #1, but still and inconvenience.

Pen works well, and the stylus feels good on the iPad. I have used it with WritePad and the handwriting translation as almost flawless.

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Targus = Griffin and is virtually the same as Boxwave.

Best stylus. All iPad styluses will have a thick tip, but that doesn't mean you can't write/draw fine lines with them.

It does mean that you have to get used to them. My hint: practise by drawing concentric circles.

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Matt, apparently the iWand requires the user to exert as little pressure as possible on the screen. The company makes quite a big deal out of this feature of the stylus.

I think that I would find that weird. I like to feel the glass under the stylus, but not necessarily mash down. That would be bad for my hand, bad for the screen (maybe).

Do you use the iWand for writing a lot? How does it feel to write without exerting pressure?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello Chowdown!

Matt, apparently the iWand requires the user to exert as little pressure as possible on the screen. The company makes quite a big deal out of this feature of the stylus.

I think that I would find that weird. I like to feel the glass under the stylus, but not necessarily mash down. That would be bad for my hand, bad for the screen (maybe).

Do you use the iWand for writing a lot? How does it feel to write without exerting pressure?

It does take time to get used to not pressing down on the screen using the Roger iWand. Part of my work day is to attend numerous meetings. Because I am meticulous about note taking, I am always the one designated note taker.

Now that I have an iPad with the Penultimate app, I can take very good notes with the Roger iWand. Because you don't exert a lot of pressure, my hand doesn't get fatigued as using a pen and paper. Plus, I can email my Penultimate notes to everyone at the meeting. This has saved a lot of admin asst time typing up and distributing.

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Penultimate has got great ink, no doubt about it. However, I prefer to use Note Taker HD because it allows me to do all the writing at the bottom of the screen thereby avoiding all the wrist-on-screen problems that you get with these sorts of apps (even with "wrist-protection" on).

You can easily place the text anywhere on screen, write microscopically if you wish, annotate pdfs, save/email notes as pdfs, tag your notes etc. A great app. Can't add pics yet though.

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems like the longer I use a stylus, the more it drags on the screen. Even tho it drags, it doesn't do the job unless I press really hard. This happens with all brands of rubber-tipped ones.

Most reactions

Latest posts