What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking of getting an IPAD 2 for 10 year old son...............

memphis12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work for the NHS and they have a scheme for the IPAD 2 64gb wi fi 3g.

All I have to do is sign the forms but thought I should ask first.

My son love his xbox, is top of his class in school so is fast learner.

Its so much money though and wondered if this is the present to get him for christmas.. as he would be getting nothing else lol.

What does it have for kids? learning? etc... I just want to make sure before I commit

Thanks in advance

TrxSlash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is so much educational stuff to download. It's all in the app store, I think there is even a education section. Math, English, foreign languages, loads of stuff. If you already have iTunes, check out the app store on your computer. I think you can even set parental settings too.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

candi1990

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 10 year old loves mine! He wants one badly! But he won't get one. See it is too expensive for me. If I buy it he will get nothing else. He loves it but he also lives his xbox... Psp... iPod... Nerf... And as much as he likes it I cant imagine it being his only gift! I can get a tRee full of games and clothes... Shoes... Toys things I know my 10 year old will look for, instead of the one iPad. If he were 17 or so I would because he is old enough to understand. But at 10 one gift? I am considering getting him an iPad 1 refurbished... I have found the smaller ones for around $300. I have had the ipad1 and 2. The 1 has no camera and is not as fast but perfectly fine for a 10 year old.

Hope that helped some.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Really depends on his needs (and of course whether you plan to use the device, too?) - if just for him, I would consider going down in price, i.e. does he (or you?) need 3G w/ a data plan? Will he really need 64 GB of memory (yes, for an older person w/ lots of music, pics, movies, etc.)? And as already suggested a refurbished model is a consideration; so, plenty of 'less expensive' options that will likely satisfy his needs - good luck in your choice & welcome to the forum! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts