What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad mini with Retina display is worth the upgrade!

carp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having made the giant leap from an original Ipad 1 to an Ipad Mini 2 i am nothing short of amazed by the difference, i have no complaints at all about my original pad as it still performs perfectly but the quantum difference in speed and screen resolution shows just how far the new mini has come

i have a thing for flight sims and one of my favourites,Storm Raider is now so much more responsive that i find i am getting shot down more now( well that is what i like to blame it on...)

so for me at least the move to the new mini has been both a positive and eye opening one

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i don't have or had any iPad mini, just have the big iPad 3 retina, however if i did have a 1st gen iPad mini, i would definitely upgrade to the retina version not only for the superior screen but also the processor including the m7 processor on the iPad retina, its a very worthwhile upgrade from the excellent iPad mini 1st gen

Buck Falcon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the original iPad Mini last year upon release. When the iPad Air hit the market I received a $181. store credit for my Mini and purchased the Air, thinking I would really enjoy the larger screen. Unfortunately, I missed the size of my original Mini. Store refunded my iPad Air as a return and I purchased the iPad Mini with Retina Display. Yes, should have just waited but am actually glad I was able to experience the iPad Air. Both are amazing.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I purchased the original iPad Mini last year upon release. When the iPad Air hit the market I received a $181. store credit for my Mini and purchased the Air, thinking I would really enjoy the larger screen. Unfortunately, I missed the size of my original Mini. Store refunded my iPad Air as a return and I purchased the iPad Mini with Retina Display. Yes, should have just waited but am actually glad I was able to experience the iPad Air. Both are amazing.

I must admit I wondered about the Air, it being both smaller and lighter.....but I decided, this time, to stick to my guns, being a hard-core mini supporter. I could not be happier with this new mini. Frankly, I think this is the best tablet on the planet at the moment and I don't see any reason I cannot use this one for another two years of more before an upgrade. Ok...more than two years is pushing it, seeing as how I've not had any iPad for even two years yet. So this will be a first for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts