What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

think about the personal privacy issuse with a camera on a ipad unit ..

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think a simple solution would be a physical slide that covers the camera, it would work as a "non-hackable" form of protection, and would probably offer the camera itself some protection.

Simple is always the best.

I agree with that statement whole heart-idly.

Takenover83 however you seem to think I was supporting removal of said devices, your missing something in my comments if you were. I was merely stating facts, not even sure based on your comments if you even read the entire thing before responding with the same type of post you made which prompted mine. Thats what I call a stagnate situation and a dead argument.

I'm comfortable with my standpoint of supporting new gadgets in home in public etc etc, anything that makes things easier and more enjoyable for the masses, however Im not for ignorance.

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read the thread. My original reply was to the topic creator (who never wants to see a camera in a iPad), but for some reason you took personal interest, by quoting me, so of-course I replied to it.
I think a simple solution would be a physical slide that covers the camera, it would work as a "non-hackable" form of protection, and would probably offer the camera itself some protection.

Simple is always the best.

I agree with that statement whole heart-idly.

Takenover83 however you seem to think I was supporting removal of said devices, your missing something in my comments if you were. I was merely stating facts, not even sure based on your comments if you even read the entire thing before responding with the same type of post you made which prompted mine. Thats what I call a stagnate situation and a dead argument.

I'm comfortable with my standpoint of supporting new gadgets in home in public etc etc, anything that makes things easier and more enjoyable for the masses, however Im not for ignorance.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had kids, and iPads had cameras, then my kids would be iPad-less. As fas as what has been mentioned how we already have cameras all over metro areas, I personally think it's horsecrap that we have that now and is one of the many reasons I left the big city.

Excuse me in advance , but that’s look like too much paranoid

maueze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Theres is really a camera everywhere, you cant hide from it , as they are like a stalker.

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
step outside the box and take a look at the whole thing from a diff way than your thinking right now and posting the comments about beening a little to tight with the tinfoil on the head post ..

as a parent would you not be mad if you child came home from school and told you the teacher pulled them aside into the teacher office and told your child to not to chew gum or something else in there own bedroom .for i would call the school and ask how my kid is doing somthing that you do not approve off in his bedroom was the teacher problem .

why did the V.P of the school pull the kid into the office to tell him that what he did in his own bedroom was not right ..does that not scare you one bit over how the school backdoor into the child bedroom and was spying on the kids there ....that point iam trying to make about the whole camera thing ..

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure. But I am not going to blame the device with the camera. YOU, the parents allowed your child to have the device, YOU the parents, signed whatever papers you needed to with whatever stipulations you agreed to if the school assigned them the equipment, you the PARENTS put your kid in that school. There is alot of dots to connect here. Blaming the equipment is not the correct thing to do. Blame the people behind the equipment. Being the parents, IT department, school, etc or whoever... If you sign a paper saying the school is allowed to activate a camera on your child's loaned device, under whatever situation, then you take responsibility for whatever comes of it, right or wrong.

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iam not blameing the device and the technologies ..what iam saying how far is to far on this one area in our life here ..how far do we allow the schools to see inside our homes and lifes ..how does it allow them to be looking into the person bedroom ....where does the line start and stop with this issuse here ..

if the laptop was missing i could understand the fact that the school use lo-jack program to trace the where the laptop and find the address that way ,,but why turn on the webcamera on to see into the person bedroom ..why did you need to turn on the webcamera and why did the school vp call the boy into the office to tell him that was wrongfull behavior ..

that my point about it the thing with the cameras on anytype of electronics ..

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You said you see no reason for the iPad having a camera, based on privacy concerns. If you treated that same concern with other objects in your life, you would never leave the house, ever.... You would not even be on the internet, because that is a privacy risk. What you type, where you visit, your ip address, etc...You would never drive, as people would see you or a camera might catch a glimpse of you. See the point I am making? Or do I need to take your Car and Computer away, so you can be safe in your cave?

Edit: You clearly do not like camera's on portable devices. You think they do alot of harm, but I can think of many situations where they have done some good. You get your good, along with the bad, with everything in life.

Last edited:

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
step outside the box and take a look at the whole thing from a diff way than your thinking right now and posting the comments about beening a little to tight with the tinfoil on the head post ..

as a parent would you not be mad if you child came home from school and told you the teacher pulled them aside into the teacher office and told your child to not to chew gum or something else in there own bedroom .for i would call the school and ask how my kid is doing somthing that you do not approve off in his bedroom was the teacher problem .

why did the V.P of the school pull the kid into the office to tell him that what he did in his own bedroom was not right ..does that not scare you one bit over how the school backdoor into the child bedroom and was spying on the kids there ....that point iam trying to make about the whole camera thing ..

Your right it was wrong, but I think your saying that the device shouldn't have a camera because of this, all Takenover83 is trying to say is that's ludicrous, instead the parent should have monitored what was being done or at least made the child or children aware.

I agree, the camera isn't the problem, its the school stepping over boundaries and the LAW. You can't stop progress, but at least monitor what is being done right or wrong and be sure the procedures like what the school induced via agreements with the school kids and parent's are not stepping over those boundaries laid out by law.

Sure. But I am not going to blame the device with the camera. YOU, the parents allowed your child to have the device, YOU the parents, signed whatever papers you needed to with whatever stipulations you agreed to if the school assigned them the equipment, you the PARENTS put your kid in that school. There is alot of dots to connect here. Blaming the equipment is not the correct thing to do. Blame the people behind the equipment. Being the parents, IT department, school, etc or whoever... If you sign a paper saying the school is allowed to activate a camera on your child's loaned device, under whatever situation, then you take responsibility for whatever comes of it, right or wrong.

You are right, he is right, we are all right, however signing the agreement does not constitute the schools actions of going beyond the law, any contract is void once one of it's signees breach the contract by breaking the law. Also a signed contract does not give any one person, business or government (the school being Government) the right to trespass on an others private property, there is remote monitoring as iPhone location for example and then there is remote wiretapping, which is in line with what the school did. Im sure that was not agreed upon in the contract the parents or the students accepted, and even if it was stipulated, its not allowed by law so its irrelevant.

I could sign a contract with you saying you can come shoot me if I disagree with you in a forum, but that doesn't mean if you do it it is right and me signing it does not give the right to forgo the law prohibiting that act. It's also called indemnity and cant be used if it breaks a law.

Either way it's no reason to remove cameras from devices such as the iPad and if the public begins to even follow the media hype, its ridiculous and nothing more than fear mongering. Just watch how the media hypes it all up, then communities get in an uproar and the next thing you know while your paying attention to this, some other ridiculous thing conspired in the meantime which the media does not cover and causes a law or issue to press beyond its considered path and should never reach congress or otherwise and goes un-noticed. Yes sometimes things such as this are even planned to create a need for a new LAW to pass, its problem - reaction - solution and one body controls it all. So just be careful, parenting isn't enough these days, you also have to mind your own statements and create solutions or else "they" will and you wont like either outcome.

Basically, sure stand up to what is right, but arguing down each other as to what is right or wrong without doing anything is worse than pulling the trigger yourself. What needs to be done is to carefully watch what is done about this subject then approach any party that acts outside the law and be sure to make it known to the public. The rest will take care of itself, but when its all behind closed doors and out here we argue without action, nothing will ever stop shenanigans such as this from spreading like wild fires.

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will disagree a little here. If you sign a paper saying the school can monitor a piece of equipment, regardless of location, then they will not be liable if that is all they are doing. Now if they use this document to gain access and then break the law in whatever fashion, that's a different story of-course. But yes, I agree with your "that's ludicrous" statement, lol.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will disagree a little here. If you sign a paper saying the school can monitor a piece of equipment, regardless of location, then they will not be liable if that is all they are doing. Now if they use this document to gain access and then break the law in whatever fashion, that's a different story of-course. But yes, I agree with your "that's ludicrous" statement, lol.

No problem, your not disagreeing at all, in fact you said almost verbatim what I did. Only you had less words ;)

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as a parent of three girls i have to say with them beening out of the house in this day and age is more of a mixed blessing along with haveing grandchild in the school now i started to rethink the whole issuse of personal space in this day and age of the digtal media ..my girlfriend thinks of it more now as internet stalking of people with how easly it is to find and post pictures of people now days ..i have become a little more thinking to the right about personal securitys when it comes to my chilldern .

also i would like to thank all the people here for there post here ..

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a camera in the iPad. They just aren't telling us about it.

Most reactions

Latest posts