What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There Will Be A Facebook iPad App After All

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
facebook.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The New York Times’ Technology Blog is reporting today that there will be a Facebook iPad app after all. According to the Times’ sources, within the next few weeks Facebook will be launching a free iPad app that has been designed and optimised for the iPad. And the reason it took so long? Well, apparently the reason is nothing more sinister than the fact that the design process for the app has been very lengthy, with Facebook taking almost a year to perfect the design. The Times’ anonymous sources said that Facebook CEO and founder Mark Zuckerberg has been heavily involved in the app’s development, keeping tabs on all design decisions. According to the same sources, the app is now in the final testing stages, and will be well worth waiting for, with a very “slick†design. The Facebook Chat and Facebook Groups features have been completely revamped for the iPad version, and some fantastic new features have been added, such as the ability to take photos using the iPad 2’s camera and then upload them to the app. [/FONT]

“The photo and video experience is amazing, offering full resolution and full-screen images,†the source told the Times.
[FONT=&quot]Both Facebook and Apple have declined to comment on the matter. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: Facebook Readies an iPad App, Finally - NYTimes.com Facebook is preparing an iPad app | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog[/FONT]

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYuUP6-xotw&feature=player_detailpage"]YouTube - funnylog.kr - "iPad isn't mobile~ It's a computer" by MarkZuckerberg[/ame]

bofort

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded MyPad which as far as I know a Facebook app for the iPad, works ok are you talking of a different app?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
The op is referring to an official Facebook app from Facebook themselves, not a third party app that all the current iPad ones are.

jevans911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Just curious....what would be the advantage of an app for Facebook access over using the Safari browser to access it on an iPad?

Joe

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious....what would be the advantage of an app for Facebook access over using the Safari browser to access it on an iPad?

Joe

That is a good question, Joe. One I can not answer. I have asked myself that many times. Why go through the App when my iPad through Safari gets me there very quick.

That is why I only have 15 apps. I know there is a great answer! Someone will chime in, I am sure.

jevans911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
SweetPoison said:
That is a good question, Joe. One I can not answer. I have asked myself that many times. Why go through the App when my iPad through Safari gets me there very quick.

That is why I only have 15 apps. I know there is a great answer! Someone will chime in, I am sure.

I have few apps myself....I tend to delete them if I don't find myself using them regularly.....I guess I am a little OCD about things on my iPad.... :)

Joe

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Facebpok on iPad Safari

Joe

There are some things that it can't handle.
One example is the bottom bar with the chat function doesn't show...
Another is it doesn't seem to handle uploading photos and videos.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

You are always filled with useful thoughts. But I want to know what your fifteen apps are. I personally like papa johns web app over pizza huts app, but i hate pj pizza. (one word=acidreflux)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Moicanitow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bofort said:
I downloaded MyPad which as far as I know a Facebook app for the iPad, works ok are you talking of a different app?

But this app doesn't show all the news of your friends...

jevans911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
sir_ben said:
There are some things that it can't handle.
One example is the bottom bar with the chat function doesn't show...
Another is it doesn't seem to handle uploading photos and videos.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about the chat function at all. Thanks for the infirmation!

Joe

Most reactions

Latest posts