What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official "I got my iPad Pro" thread

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw a guy with the Pro the other day at Starbucks... I had mine too. But that's the only one I've seen in the wild except for in stores of course. You're right though... I mean compared to all the 9.7 inch iPads I see all over the place it's rare to see the Pro.

As for battery, I'm pretty satisfied with the battery life I've been getting. Lasts me about 3-5 days of light usage or about two days of heavy use. My idea of heavy use may be different than others though.

Hi Metalcyclone-here in Michigan the only Pros I have seen is at the Apple Store. I work for a hospital and often times see patients carrying in their tablets or iPads, but not yet the Pros. In time, I am sure that will change.

One thing that has surprised me is the number of our elder population (65-70 yoa) wearing an Apple Watch! Thought that was pretty cool! :)

metalcyclone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Metalcyclone-here in Michigan the only Pros I have seen is at the Apple Store. I work for a hospital and often times see patients carrying in their tablets or iPads, but not yet the Pros. In time, I am sure that will change.

One thing that has surprised me is the number of our elder population (65-70 yoa) wearing an Apple Watch! Thought that was pretty cool! :)

I've been thinking about picking up an Apple Watch for a while now but may wait for the second gen. Had the LG G watch with android wear when I had an Android phone but now I use an iPhone 6 Plus. I liked the G watch a lot though.

Interestingly I can't remember ever noticing anyone wearing an Apple Watch here in Manhattan. It's strange actually but maybe I just haven't been that alert. I did see someone with a Rose Gold iPhone 6S a week and a half before it was even released on the market! Lol. Was telling the guys at Verizon about that and they found that quite amusing also...

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about picking up an Apple Watch for a while now but may wait for the second gen. Had the LG G watch with android wear when I had an Android phone but now I use an iPhone 6 Plus. I liked the G watch a lot though.

Interestingly I can't remember ever noticing anyone wearing an Apple Watch here in Manhattan. It's strange actually but maybe I just haven't been that alert. I did see someone with a Rose Gold iPhone 6S a week and a half before it was even released on the market! Lol. Was telling the guys at Verizon about that and they found that quite amusing also...

I received a white band sport Apple Watch for my Birthday recently. I wouldn't have bought one until I was certain of having one, however, getting it as a gift was wonderful. Seems like the white banded Apple Watch sports edition is popular in Michigan-saw 3 people have one at the clinic. I think it's great to see so many people embrace technology as it comes along. I believe that now that you have the iPhone, you may soon consider an Apple Watch!

Well, hope that no one is bothered that I totally derailed this thread a bit. So sorry about that y'all!

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my VZW iPad Pro Thursday. Loving it so far. A lot faster and easier on the eyes.
Coming from a ipad2 I like it that I can now see the screen with my sun glasses on.

And I love the way the speakers rotate the sound as you rotate your iPad Pro!!!

Mel

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had my pro for several weeks now and really think highly of it. My Apple Pencil just arrived a couple of days ago. Fantastic! It performs in all respects like a stylus should. Sure, the extra point and miniconnector adapter might be a bit easy to lose, but the stylus itself is great.

Amazing how cramped the screen on my iPad 3 seems now---

BTW: I also have the Apple keyboard and think it works fine, too!

Last edited:

Undivided

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased my Pro this past Saturday....space grey 128gb.
I didn't want the keyboard case but desperately want the pencil. I placed an order with apple and shipping times are 2-3 weeks.

I've only had the pro for 3 days and I am in absolute love. I am coming from an air and love the new screen size. Just purchased the zoo gue exec case. However I am at the moment using a sleeve case that I normally use for my magic air. Since it was sitting in my closet unused I tried it with my pro. Fits perfectly and allows me to carry with protection and use naked.

Not regretting my purchase at all.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just purchased my Pro this past Saturday....space grey 128gb.
I didn't want the keyboard case but desperately want the pencil. I placed an order with apple and shipping times are 2-3 weeks.

I've only had the pro for 3 days and I am in absolute love. I am coming from an air and love the new screen size. Just purchased the zoo gue exec case. However I am at the moment using a sleeve case that I normally use for my magic air. Since it was sitting in my closet unused I tried it with my pro. Fits perfectly and allows me to carry with protection and use naked.

Not regretting my purchase at all.
My Apple Pencil should be arriving in about 2 weeks.

Satman40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My pencil was DOA, Apple switched it Fed-X next day air..

Cool..secured it with my CC, and returned bad one.., also have the keyboard, it is a learning curve.

75 here so love the size of the screen...tired old eyes...

Still using the Mac Pro...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Smart Keyboard is finally listed as preparing for shipment.:)
It was shipped today and arrives next Tuesday.:)
It's here!:)
image.jpeg

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Stopped by Best Buy today, for something else, and they finally had the smart keyboard and pencil. I already had the pencil, so I picked up the keyboard.

Can't believe how long it is taking for stores to finally get them in inventory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions