What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powering on iPad Pro 10.5.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed right from day one that my new iPad Pro needed a slightly longer press on the sleep/wake button in order to power it on.
5-6 seconds if I keeping pressing for the apple to appear.
4-5 seconds if I press and let go for the apple to appear.

I know my previous Pro took slightly less time, more like 3 seconds of pressing and letting go would show the apple on the screen.

Has anyone else found this with the Pro 10.5?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Usually, I don’t power off my iPad. I’ve just tried it, and it needed a little more than 3 seconds until the Apple appeared, while I kept pressing, and a bit shorter than the 3 seconds when I press and let go.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Usually, I don’t power off my iPad. I’ve just tried it, and it needed a little more than 3 seconds until the Apple appeared, while I kept pressing, and a bit shorter than the 3 seconds when I press and let go.
Thank you, Sometimes I have to try it a second time....
I could tell the difference right away from my previous Pro but hopefully it isn't something that will get worse.
It's amazing how long another 3 seconds or so longer can seem :)

Canuckgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed this delayed start up too on my 10.5 Pro. I was worried it was the sign of future problems. No issues after one year.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed this delayed start up too on my 10.5 Pro. I was worried it was the sign of future problems. No issues after one year.
Thank you, I asked Apple about it and they say it isn't a known issue at the moment and to just persevere and get back to them if it worsens.
So far it's about the same.

Most reactions

Latest posts