What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official "I got my iPad Pro" thread

hawk1942

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had the IPad pro for almost a month. Had to wait for the keyboard and pencil though. Finally all three are here. I have had an IPad f one type or another for about 3 years Graqdually I have used it more and more for productivity since I have to go to a lot of meetings and conventions. My hope was that the IPad or would replace my laptop. I'm pleased to say that I a Aristide it's my decision and that I think the IPad Pro will serve my needs. To the lint that I sold my laptop. I need to find an easy way to keep all my files on the pro without using ITunes if possible. Once I am truly convinced that the pro will serve all my needs, I'll probably get rid of my desktop as well. SO, color me happy.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Had the IPad pro for almost a month. Had to wait for the keyboard and pencil though. Finally all three are here. I have had an IPad f one type or another for about 3 years Graqdually I have used it more and more for productivity since I have to go to a lot of meetings and conventions. My hope was that the IPad or would replace my laptop. I'm pleased to say that I a Aristide it's my decision and that I think the IPad Pro will serve my needs. To the lint that I sold my laptop. I need to find an easy way to keep all my files on the pro without using ITunes if possible. Once I am truly convinced that the pro will serve all my needs, I'll probably get rid of my desktop as well. SO, color me happy.

Other than a couple of updates to the Mac's software, I haven't turned on my desktop for two weeks. It's part of my iPad Pro only experiment. So far, mostly ok. Even after I shipped off the Air.

DropBox is probably the most commonly way to manage, share, and move files on/off your iPad. Files can be marked local, so that they are always available on your device.

There are other, similar services.

Apple's new Cloud Drive works fairly well for those apps that support it. Google Drive is good if you use a lot of Google services; and OneDrive is included with and Office 365 subscription.

Good luck, and enjoy your iPad Pro.

P.S. I'll probably end up turning the desktop back on. I'm not happy with any of the iOS's file backup solutions, and while watcing movies on the iPad Pro is good, it's still not better than a 27" iMac's screen and sound. :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just placed my order for a gold iPad Pro 128 GB WiFi + Cellular with keyboard and Apple Pencil. The iPad should arrive in a couple of weeks, the keyboard and Apple Pencil could take until February.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPad Pro has just left the factory in China and will be delivered next Monday.
image.jpeg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only frustrating thing it that I have to wait another 3-4 weeks to get the keyboard cover and Apple Pencil.

Congratulations on the new iPad Pro.

My Pencil should arrive tomorrow (after a painful 4+ weeks of waiting). I still have not decided if I want the smart keyboard cover.

Most reactions