What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

notanotherhobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife very, very kindly bought me an iPad 2 for my birthday in February, and I have used it every day since then. It is amazing, and has almost made my pc redundant, and if it wasn't for the Office programmes on the pc I would probably not bother with it at all. When I heard that the new model was going to be released less than a month later, I admit I was gutted at first, (greedy, I know). But the more I use this model, the more I love it. Even my better half regularly uses the iPad, and she would be the first to admit she is definitely anti- computer, but gets on with the iPad easily. I'm a confirmed iPadholic.

Callander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always wanted to get an iPad2. And after reading the specs of the new one. I decided it wasn't for me. I only wanted one to help in my various hobbies. I didn't need a 6 squillion pixel screen.
I eventually settled for a 16gb 3g from Comet for £429.00. If you've seen it cheaper, I am not really interested, as the deed has been done.
I absolutely love it. Although a weather app would have been nice. I prefer the iPhone one, which it seems is not available for the iPad. I have yet to find another one that suits me.
My main hobby is Plane spotting for which the ipad2 is eminently suited. Although once again, my preferred version of the 'FlightRadar24' app is only available on the iMac. Why not the iPad as well?
Ebay has done pretty well out of me in the mean time with add on goodies.

Callander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried mine out in the big bad world of external public Wi-Fi today. (Who said anything about a pub? :eek:)
A bit involved, signing in. (Why do they need your life story?) But it work fine.

Also got a Crystal back protector. A Usb/card reader and a windscreen iPad holder. All for less than £11.00 on eBay. And they all work flawlessly.

Last edited:

Another Dave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4 weeks ago I took the plunge and got a 10" Android tablet... and then spent the next 3 weeks and 5 days trying to make it behave like I wanted it to do.

2 days ago I looked on the internettywebby and saw that the ipad2 had been reduced in price, so I spanked my credit card and got one.

The set up took a couple of hours and all is working well... I wish I'd got it in the first place

P.S Android 10" tablet running Ice Cream Sandwich going cheap

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thrash_273 said:
just join this forum.=D got my ipad 2 black 32gb. last saturday and its awesome!! brand new for $392

Congrats, pare! You'll notice you'll be buying only Apple products from here on out.

Sent from Scooter, my White 32GB iPad, using iPF in Deutschland

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jncbankston said:
Congrats, pare! You'll notice you'll be buying only Apple products from here on out.

Sent from Scooter, my White 32GB iPad, using iPF in Deutschland

Nice!! A great deal!!! Enjoy!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Mopsgang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know I'm late in the game -- but mine should be arriving tomorrow. I'm so anxious to see how it works out.

mojOH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know I'm late in the game -- but mine should be arriving tomorrow. I'm so anxious to see how it works out.

I have a 2 and a 3 now. Some day something will click and you'll wonder how you ever lived without. It's great!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

You're never too late to obtain an ipad and to begin your enjoyment! I think that is part of the thrill and discovery for first time users of Apple and/or ipad owners.

Enjoy and best wishes!

Most reactions