What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I Use My Tesco 4 iphone micro sim in an ipad 2

crimsonfin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
afternoon all,

like the title says, does anyone know if I can use my tesco iphone 4 sim card in an ipad 2 with 3g ? I've read some posts on the internet saying that its just a case of putting the SIM in and changing some settings but these all be specific to US sims on the Verizon network.

Looking at buying an ipad 2 3G but dont want to have to buy another data tarrif just for the ipad. If it makes any difference im an on a 3 month rolling contract with tesco giving 1G of data a month.

cheers

OP
C

crimsonfin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just spoke to Tesco mobile support and they told me that tethering is not supported. I knew this already and anyway taking your sim out of your phone and putting it in an iPad is not strictly tethering is it? Could I get the support guy to understand this?? Nope. Not very helpful.

If anyone else has done this would be great to know.

Ta

OP
C

crimsonfin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, just spoke to tesco online chat support and they have "kinda" answered my question (see "not compatible" statement ?!?). Would still like to know if anyone else has done this though ....

tesco: Hi I'm tesco. How can I help?
me: Hi. I just spoke to someone from tesco support on the phone regards using my existing micro sim from my tesco iphone in an ipad 3g and was told that it would not work.
me: Ive just realised that this didnt answer my question.Im not talking about using the iphone to tether to an ipad. I want to know if i can take my sim out of my iphone and put it into an ipad 3g and use my existing data allowance ?
tesco: You can use the SIM in your iPad, but its not recommended, I'd rather suggest you to get a Tesco Broadband SIM to use in your iPad.
me: why is it not recommended ?
tesco: You won't be use your iPad at its best with the iPhone SIM, because its not compatible with that.
me: but it will give me internet access ?
tesco: Yes, of course you can access the internet.

Most reactions

Latest posts