What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

azura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help all,
Just wondering how to download music or movie directly from website to our ipad2? Thx

Tomscave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally got the iPad 2-Black-64GB-WiFi+3G ! I've had my iPhone 4 for 8 months. I'm looking at the MacBook Pro now too. I need a 2nd job :mad:

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay! I can post in here!

I got mine this afternoon, around 1pm. 16GB black WiFi. I spent hours on it, streaming videos from various apps, using Echofon, Facebook, etc. The battery life is amazing!!

I'm an Android user (my phone is Android) so it had a tiny learning curve but I mainly love iOS more than Android.

I bought a Smart Cover also (green!), and I guess I didn't realize that it bypassed the lock screen when you had it on. For some reason a part of me isn't happy about that, but do I really want to lock and unlock it constantly? Not really. I'll only put my passcode on it when I'm going to take it somewhere, in the SLIGHT CHANCE I ever take my eyes off of it, lol.

Long story short, I'm in love! I'm giving it a rest right now, and am going to convert a movie from .avi to watch tomorrow (cuz I hear the converting process takes *forever*).

nannybear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had it for a month now and it is never out of my sight for long. Use? Scrabble and Backgammon as I love to play but my hubby does not. Facebook and emial, far better than on my phone. Books!!! Info at my fingertips and learning Spanish as of today. Thank you lord for the iPad!

BuryMeInEngland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, newbie both here and to the iPad. Got a 32GB WiFi only black iPad2 about two weeks ago. Also got an orange smart cover and a RooCase (also in orange) to take care of it. Screen is protected with a Zagg Shield.

I love it and it has almost completely replaced my personal laptop.

vince1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my Ipad 2 16 GB wifi which will replace my Acer Iconia A500 tablet!!

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought my 64 WiFi 3 days ago and will be probably returning it for a 32 WiFi 3G. I've been reading the threads on the pros and cons and have decided that I don't want to wait till after the 14 day return window and regret not getting. By the way, I love this wonderful new member of my tech family.

lrymal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The future is here--iPad 2

I picked up my black 16gig WI-FI only iPad2 from Wal-Mart last week and have been more than happy. It and my MacBook Pro are used daily. My 'pad is used primarily for field stuff and sure beats hauling my MacBook around.

Current projects have been to find a word processor I like -- Pages. I have a lot of books downloaded into my library, and a great collection of Bible resources. Amazing to have all of this in a device so light and about the size of a magazine.

I was thinking how technology has evolved since the early 90s. My first notebook computer was a MacBook 165c. If I could only show to my 1994 self what he have now!

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to the Apple Store today to trade in my WiFi 64. The rep tried to talk me out of it. I pretended to walk out and grabbed another employee for better help. Proud to say that I now have the black 32 WiFi 3G Ipad2. Was able to load my back up from the "old" model. I may not activate the 3G any time soon, but I'm happy I have the choice. My prior tablet was a Nook Color. No comparison. The Nook app works almost as well on this and I have the landscape reading option. Much easier!

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kitkat3709 said:
Went to the Apple Store today to trade in my WiFi 64. The rep tried to talk me out of it. I pretended to walk out and grabbed another employee for better help. Proud to say that I now have the black 32 WiFi 3G Ipad2. Was able to load my back up from the "old" model. I may not activate the 3G any time soon, but I'm happy I have the choice. My prior tablet was a Nook Color. No comparison. The Nook app works almost as well on this and I have the landscape reading option. Much easier!

Glad it worked out. What was the first salesperson's argument?

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad2, using iPF

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kitkat3709 said:

Why did you downgrade from 64 to 32?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts