What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

Ex_Brit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad2 now for just under a week and am very satisfied with it, except the cameras are on the cheap side IMHO, especially considering Apple's crazy prices even though everything is made in relatively cheap-labour China. The complete lack of even rudimentary image controls is a major omission although I believe some limited ones will appear with iOS 5.

The front camera on mine has a distinct pink bias except in certain artificial light conditions. By comparison the camera on my el-cheapo Dell Netbook has a perfect image so when I first saw this I was somewhat surprised to say the least. Apple is paranoid about Abobe Flash, but not worried about shoddy hardware, obviously.

I was originally thinking of taking it in to the Apple store for a swap, then on reading up some more it appears that it's a general issue, so as my iPad2 was personalised, I'll hold off on that option for a while.

I had the original iPad previously which was a gift, but at 16gb it filled up rapidly. I'm donating that.

I just hope that I am not going to kick myself in a few months' time for not waiting until iPad3 is released.

Last edited:

martydg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The title says it all, let us know if your a proud new owner of the Apple iPad 2!

I own 3 ipads, 2 of the original and one ipad2:mad:. i love them all.
I buy every cool case i can get. I have tried buying and receiving a treegloo cover. they are a joke. i paid by paypal 7 weeks ago and now i get no email response. i guess they r enviro friendly. no product shipped no enviro damage.

GadgetGeek71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't get what I was looking for...

I was looking to buy the white iPad 2 with 16gb and wifi only. My wife insisted I get the white 64gb wifi/3G...which I did. What a lucky guy I am!

cesctheman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and son and step-daughter paid half towards my iPad 2 for fathers day as well.

AWOT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sold an old Spitfire for £600 and thought what can I buy with the cash !

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of fathers lost family this fathers day. I got an iPad and my family hasn't seen me since. LOL!

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad2, using iPF

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GadgetGeek71 said:
I was looking to buy the white iPad 2 with 16gb and wifi only. My wife insisted I get the white 64gb wifi/3G...which I did. What a lucky guy I am!

You have no worries if you go with the 64GB. I'm installing digital copies of my bluray movies on my iPad 2 now. 16GB I woulda ate that up by now 64GB FTW!! thank your wife :) lol

123paul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine on Monday & love it. I'm new to Apple stuff - apart from my iPod touch - so have Ben just exploring & finding my way around. Transferred lots of files / photographs / contacts etc. - easy enough once I find out how. Got some great wallpaper from this forum too.

I also got a TeckNet black leather case for it ( which is a bargain & works really well) and an Acase stylus. Excellent.

ddskier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad2

I am dying to get an iPad2 they seem so cool, i like the fact that they have an HDMI out. I am going to try to win won on this new site that opened up Penny Auction | goBIDorgoHOME since im in the market for one if I dont win the site has a buyout option which is cool. But if I am stubborn enough I could probably get the iPad2 for half price!! cant wait! The website has all sorts of electronics that you could win for a percentage of the actual value.

Most reactions

Latest posts