What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I FINALLY GOT MINEEEEEE!!! Ufff! Had to take that out of my chest....:D. And guess how...I was buying some groceries at the local Wal-Mart and when I passed by electronics i saw them! What the hell! I checked almost every day!!!! I am so lucky! Proud owner of an ipad 2 black 32gb wi-fi + 3g AT&T. I won't sleep tonight....

Yay!! Good for you!

doubledown7d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got a 16GB Wifi Black today at Best Buy. This is my first iPad :) And the first Apple forum I've ever registered for. Woo hoo! Could....not.....resist!

sbiondi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a white ipad 2, 32 GB, with 3G - I've been waiting for this thing since the keynote for the first iPad and so glad I waited! This thing is awesome!

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
arrived this morning!!!! 3 weeks earlier than Apple stated. Good on them.

64 gb, wifi+3g, black + black leather smart case. and.....

irig guitar connector
hdmi connector and cable
desk stand
leather sleeve for traveling
Fling game controller
couple of styluseseses

toonz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
got my ipad last night at an apple store woohoo! was considering ordering online but decided to spend a day driving around before i gave up.

first apple product.. amazing so far. even better than i imagined.

lonzom10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After calling every electronics store within a 50 mile radius, I finally found what I was looking for at a Wal-Mart an hour away. My wonderful wife made the trip while I was at work and I am happy to say I am the proud owner of a new 32GB Black WiFi only iPad 2. This is my first iPad and so far I am very impressed. I have a Mac Desktop and and Android phone. This iPad 2 is very thin and very fast. I have added a ZAGG Screen Protector (installed myself with no real issues), an Innocase Full Cover, a Targus Stylus and numerous apps so far.

afzimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My IPad 2 16gb wifi only came parcel post today. I love the way this thing works. I expected it to be a big IPod but it's much faster and I love the size. I'm thinking that this is probably going to replace my HP laptop completely. I never tried an IPod 1 to compare speed, but this thing is equally as fast as my HP. Now I know what all the fuss has been about! Apple rocks! AZ

CW8175

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found mine ~ 16 GB Black WiFi .. online at Wal Mart .. ordered 4/6, delivered to store on 4/13 ... WOW ~ LOVE IT .. brilliant screen resolution/brightness, love the size .. now just trying to tackle the MAC/SAFARI LEARNING CURVE .. first time as a MAC user .. Kinda regret not getting 32 or 64 GB .. but will manage with 16 .. DOUBLE WOW !! :D

jeratbp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 64gb wifi+3g showed up yesterday. I've barely had time to use it. So greatful to finally have one. I'm also a Macbook user and a Droid phone owner.

Sourpuss Magee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered my black, 16gb, wifi on March 19th. It arrived today. Two weeks earlier than the original shipping date. Not too bad.

It's kind of strange...but I don't want to open it right away. Just kind of caressing the box in my hands.

jusbarron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mollenhour-barron.org
Bought my wife a first gen iPad a month ago, she did not want to wait for the iPad 2. Didn't think I would really want one until I played around with hers. Went to the Apple store today and picked up my iPad2 (32gig, Black, Wifi only). I am already addicted!

lok222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine today! Fd ex had said tuesday but already got it

You know.. To me it really is the only way to be on the Internet. I like the keyboard better Ghana real keyboard, I love that I can play pandora or music I have and iet it play while looking online, the speed of the iPad two is really better than anything. I have played with every tablet and most every computer out there and to me this is the way

tommyj55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A PC Convert - Sort of

Greetings all,

I am a life long PC guy. To be honest, I've always felt that Apple has always had the edge in the multi-media arena. But, my work in IT has always required the need for PC-based systems , because of the types of applications I use. I've built my own custom PC systems for almost 20-years - something that is not easily done with Apple systems. Yes, I had to suffer through the Windows Vista debacle and reverted back to WIndows XP until the release of Win 7 which suites me just fine.

In addition to being a closet geek, I have been a musician for over 35 years. One of my home-built customized PC systems is a Digital Audio Workstation for home recording. It works great for most of my needs, but is impractical for using on the road. Even most laptops are difficult to use on stage using a keyboard or even a mouse.

With the release of the iPad, I saw a potential tool for my live performances. But, I thought I would wait and see what options would be available with the release of Android and Win 7-based tablets. They all operated pretty much the same - UNTIL I got a chance to test drive an iPad 2 with GarageBand. At that point my decision was a no-brainer.

If GarageBand were the only application I would use with the iPad (which I now doubt), I would have still bought it, which I did. My iPad WI-FI 64GB is scheduled to arrive on April 29! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!

So now, I will be using my PC-based DAW system and laptop, an Ubuntu Linux server, my apple iPad, and my Android Galaxy S G4 phone. I guess it's just my way of supporting diversity.;)

I'm looking foward to being a member of the forum.

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tommy that's great. Welcome to the the world of Apple. I have to say, GarageBand looks great and I just wish I had the talent and creativity to use it.

As you are technologically diverse, I'm sure you will be able to add honest and accurate views to all the folk on here who battle it out over Apple v the world!

In the meantime... welcome to a better world ;-)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

h1611161

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tommyj55 said:
Greetings all,

I am a life long PC guy. To be honest, .......

If GarageBand were the only application I would use with the iPad (which I now doubt), I would have still bought it, which I did. My iPad WI-FI 64GB is scheduled to arrive on April 29! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!

I'm looking foward to being a member of the forum.

Hi Tommy,

Am glad that you're enjoying the techno world of Apple. I've always sat on the fence and wondered what those Apple Boys were raving about, until one day I decided to dump all those eeeky MP3 players and go for an iPod, which was immediately "stolen" by my teenage daughter! Then came the iPad.Ever since it is a bliss. Occasionally I go over to Ubuntu 10.10 on the weekend but start missing my iPad1 straightaway.

When the iPad2 was launched I drooled for long but decided that i will stick with my presentbone till the 3 comes around, but in the meantime downloaded the GarageBand, and it is where I am trying to connect with you. Even though I do not know to play music per se, I feel like am the lead guitarist of Guns n Roses.

Will you be kind enough to post some hints on how to play a three chord song, so I can show off at the next gathering?

Cheers Mate
Hubert

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts