What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

dale316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got 2 White 64 gb 3G I pad 2's 1 for me and one for my daughter just so she can stay off mine haha

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two weeks now...

I've had my iPad2 64g wifi (no 3G— there is no cell coverage where I live) for two weeks now and feel I am starting to understand a bit about it. I believe I saw somewhere that it has been called "a life-changing device." I don't know about that, plus I didn't really want my life "changed."

But it is a remarkable little tool and I am really enjoying what it can do for me. I've dl'd the complete iWorks suite and any number of productivity apps. Plus, as a life-long student of Shakespeare, I got the Shakespeare Pro app and have been reacquainting myself with old friends. The iPad is a delight for an inveterate reader! Propping it on a stand at mealtime (I live alone) is sheer bliss.

It also plays a pretty fair game of Cribbage, to which I am more or less addicted. And not too shabby at dominoes (against either two or three pones). Plus Backgammon, chess, etc. This thing would have been a godsend to me when I was spending a lot of time in airports.

I'm also a note-taker and it promises to demote my pocket notebooks to occasional usage. The handwriting apps are not ideal, but I am learning what they can and can't do.

File handling is not so much of a delight, but I am trying to cut my way thru the tangles and get the hang of it. Surely the light will dawn at some point, but I find it not to be a paragon at juggling files, particularly images.

Rather than "life changing" I would say that my iPad has become "life enhancing" and that's not half bad.

gourangaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plainsman said:
Rather than "life changing" I would say that my iPad has become "life enhancing" and that's not half bad.

That is the best way I have seen it put. I think I will have to use that one.

from Scotland with love.

Jaxtah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
 I like the way you describe it as a 'life enhancement', Plainsman. Sums up my experience with my iPad2 perfectly.
My current project is trying to figure out how to get the videos I took on my camera (saved on to a SD) and now uploaded to DropBox onto iMovies so I can put them together . . . altogether an interesting learning curve.

Sent from here  to there on my iPad2 using iPF

gourangaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jaxtah. My understanding is that iMovie on the iPad will only edit video recorded by the iPad and not import video. I could be wrong. Unless your referring to mac version.

from Scotland with love.

Jaxtah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gourangaman said:
Jaxtah. My understanding is that iMovie on the iPad will only edit video recorded by the iPad and not import video. I could be wrong. Unless your referring to mac version.

from Scotland with love.

Ooooh - I'm quickly coming to that very same conclusion, gourangaman 
Have you any suggestions as to what apps would suit my project?
Thanks in advance,

Sent from here  to there on my iPad2 using iPF

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad2Nate88 said:
I got mine!!!! It's AMAZING!!! I'm thinking about gettingba smart cover... Should I???

I love my Smart Cover combined with the Switcheasy Coverbuddy, BUT I do wish I had shopped around more before I committed to it. There's quite a lot of really, really cool stuff out there, so my advice is to shop around before you buy.

Enjoy tweaking on your new toy!:)

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad2Nate88 said:
I got mine!!!! It's AMAZING!!! I'm thinking about gettingba smart cover... Should I???

I think you should, maybe a dark leather one (black?) to avoid stains. You will probably end up buying other cases, but the iPad 2 and the Smart Cover go together like Champagne and Caviar. :)

jelina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We want to know your impressions, how does it feel? Is it fast as they claim? What’s the first thing you did (other than sync) ? What accessories did you get? Hows the camera? However they were out of the 64 wi fi so I had to get 3g. Wasn't too happy about the extra money but there was no way I was waiting any longer

H

hazi1610

Woohoo, after a very long wait and much indecision, I went to get my ipad 2 this morning. Hardly slept last night with excitement. Lol

I was so tired that I ended up going to bed for a couple of hours so haven't really played yet. Lol.

Have downloaded 3 apps so far. Lol. Gonna be playing this evening. Hehe.

I got the 32g wifi in white.

Must find the app foe this forum too.

Alison
Sent from my GT-I9000 using iPad Forums, soon to be sending from my ipad 2.

Most reactions

Latest posts