What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I got my iPad 2 Thread!

FertilityDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally, the supply is loosening up

Bought a car yesterday. I was looking for an excuse to go for a drive. Had a late start at work today. Decided to to make a last attempt at finding an Ipad2. It's been an adventure with a few missteps along the way. I had been to the Apple store 3 times before. Following the online Walmart inventory tracker I made the mistake of traveling 30 miles after the store assured me twice it was in stock. When I arrived at the store the confused clerk brought out an Ipad 1. Arrived at the Orland Square Mall in the South Suburbs of Chicago at 8AM. I see 30 people waiting outside the mall! But....most were the gray panthers going for their early mall walk. I was number 6 in line at the Apple store. They had quite a selection of different models. Snagged two of the 32GB ATT 3G's Black. The second was for my friend. I should get a good glass of scotch for that one. The whole routine was amusing. They took people into the store one at a time. It was more like a cult ritual than a purchase. I am still getting it configured with the Apps I want. Now I'll have to try to hook up the Ipad2 to the car....

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like a good day for you!! What kind of car did you purchase? Something "fitting" for your new iPad2 I hope. Lol

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well everyone, I'm going to bed so maybe I can take my mind off of wondering where in the heck is my iPad2?!??? Hopefully tomorrow I'll be part of the; "I got my iPad community!". Wish me luck.

FertilityDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a technogeek car

Sounds like a good day for you!! What kind of car did you purchase? Something "fitting" for your new iPad2 I hope. Lol

I bought an Acura TL. It's a techno geeks dream. The electronics should take 6-12 months to learn.

Bckrupps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sold my iPad 1 on eBay and figured I would wait awhile but radio shack had their mystery site leaked on engadget. I pulled it up and portage Indiana was listed. I called there 20 minutes before they opened. The guy said there was 1 person outside. He had a black 32 gb and a black 16 gb in stock. Only 2. He told me couldnt hold it and to get moving lol. When I got there he got the 32 and I got the 16 like I wanted. What was weird was he said their central warehouses had plenty with a 5 business day delivery to your home. Who cares I was happy.

burntice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After calling all 9 Wal-marts in my area I finally got mine 32 AT&T white yesterday. I wanted a 16 but couldn't wait another 3 weeks. The funny thing is I was so exhausted from my mission yesterday I didn't even open her up. I named her gave her a kiss and put in the top of the closet but tonight we will have a night to remember....:D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After calling all 9 Wal-marts in my area I finally got mine 32 AT&T white yesterday. I wanted a 16 but couldn't wait another 3 weeks. The funny thing is I was so exhausted from my mission yesterday I didn't even open her up. I named her gave her a kiss and put in the top of the closet but tonight we will have a night to remember....:D

Congratulations!! You won't regret getting the 32 GB iPad - you always need more space than you imagine!! Have a great night and enjoy your iPad.

Tim
Scotland

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yay!

MisterTwelve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so I consider myself lucky and blessed... after checking the fluctuating online inventories or Walmart, Target, Radioshack and Best Buy, in addition to calling about 3 stores, I checked my closest Target this afternoon and sure enough they had the model i wanted: a white 64 gig wifi. Last one in stock, and I didn't even have to wait. Go me!!!

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got one!

I remembered that there is a local independent computer store that is primarily Apple, so I gave them a call yesterday. I was told that they didn't know when and what was arriving, but offered to put me on their list. I figured what the heck? and gave them my info. When I specified 64 GB ATT Black the lady asked me if I'd take a white one. I pretty much had my heart set on a black one, but told her that I would consider a white one. I got a call from them this afternoon. They had a white one with my name on it. I thought a bit more and decided that a white one in the hand was worth a lot more than a black one in the bru... well, somewhere besides in my hand... :) I've got it mostly sync'ed and, you know, the white looks pretty good! :D :cool:

lickinfrogz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This will be my first iPad. Please tell me why you still use your original iPad to do your school work and not the new iPad2?
because its already setup with all my school stuff and until i sell it i figured id use it for work and my ipad2 for play. the ipad1 is only a 16gb which is way more than i need for school a flick or two and some games. there are other techy reasons but i wont get into that. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts