What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New iPad Case Review - Otterbox Defender Case

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So should I try to sell my iPad 2 case and upgrade?

I really just want a body guard and smart cover for when I first get my new one but I know ill be traveling and need the heftiness.

bong512

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HKWrite12 said:
So should I try to sell my iPad 2 case and upgrade?

I really just want a body guard and smart cover for when I first get my new one but I know ill be traveling and need the heftiness.

If you want rugged protection then i think the new defender will serve you well but if you want to keep it slim and still want your ipad2 protected i recommend you the otterbox reflex series but take note that it is not designed for the new ipad, just opinion, cheers!

alxb577

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bong512 said:
If you want rugged protection then i think the new defender will serve you well but if you want to keep it slim and still want your ipad2 protected i recommend you the otterbox reflex series but take note that it is not designed for the new ipad, just opinion, cheers!

One of the reviews said you can rig the reflex to fit the iPad 3 by pulling off some tape. I'm not sure if you would want to do that though.

bong512

iPF Noob
Reaction score
alxb577 said:
One of the reviews said you can rig the reflex to fit the iPad 3 by pulling off some tape. I'm not sure if you would want to do that though.

Yeah i read that review too, i'm pretty sure they'll come up with a new version soon.

Hasto183

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rockhampton, Central Queensland Australia
I love Otterbox products. I have Defender and Commuter for my iPhone, and Defender for the iPad 2(which I no longer have). But, now I have the new iPad and am looking at Defender case for it. I dunno whether to wait for the blue one to come out or just get what's available now. Anyhoo,I am shopping around here to see who has the better deal and so far it's techbuy.com.au

gabey8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, my anniversary is here, so I have gotten the Defender case from my husband. Boy, this thing is built like a tank!

It took us both multiple tries to even get it OPEN. I actually had to look on YouTube for an unboxing video in order to figure out how to take it apart to put the iPad in.

I might not use this case for everyday usage. However, if I'm traveling, this is going to be my go-to case.

Like, for example, on Memorial Day... My friends and I will be together, including one who has Parkinson's Disease. Her speech is impaired, as is her coordination, so I have downloaded a couple of speech assistive apps (including one with a free version, Verbally). I want to demo the apps to her, to see if she is interested in them. But as her coordination is also impaired, I'm going to put this case on the iPad so we need not worry if it falls while we are doing the demo.

If she likes the apps, she can invest in an iPad, the apps, and a Defender case too. The case makes the iPad a LOT heavier than the unprotected case, but even so, it's still portable.

Tasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, I have an outer box defender on both of m iPads as well as iPhone 4s.

samjames700

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Nice case, I would really like to buy one. It is safe and user friendly for outdoor usage. Suggest me if there is any water proof case for ipad

Most reactions

Latest posts