What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New iPad Case Review - Otterbox Defender Case

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

If you are looking for a quality protective case for your new iPad or iPad 2, look no further. The Otterbox Defender is one of the finest crafted cases on the market today that adds unparalleled protection and fantastic looks to your new iPad/iPad2. Some of the features of this case include:

• Robust silicone — durable and absorbs impact force
  • Built-in screen protector — simplifies installation, protects from scratches and is easy to clean
  • Engineered design is inspired by the new iPad — ergonomics accommodate natural use
  • Aesthetics — textures and styling in combination with high quality materials create an attractive protective solution
  • Port protection with complete access to all functions through case — blocks dust and debris from ports which lengthens the life of the device
  • Compatible with the new iPad and iPad 2 — the case is a natural extension of the refined technical beauty of the device
  • Easy installation — polycarbonate pieces lock together with obvious snap closing, silicone installs easily over polycarbonate and stays in place
  • Screen protector fits flush and flat on the screen — protects from scratches and is barely noticeable

Check out our video review of the Defender to see the fine craftsmanship and excellent protection that the Defender provides. Enjoy!

For more details on this case check out: Amazon.com: OtterBox Defender Series for The New iPad 3 3rd Generation & iPad 2 - Black: Computers & Accessories

Last edited by a moderator:

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes had this beauty from day 1. Shipped to UK and arrived on day of launch for new iPad.

SquiderDragon

wvueersfan1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the new iPad case as a replacement to the old IPad 2 case. Boy is there a large difference. I love the new case it is so much better than the old defender case.

banjaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wvueersfan1 said:
I got the new iPad case as a replacement to the old IPad 2 case. Boy is there a large difference. I love the new case it is so much better than the old defender case.

If anyone is looking for an otter box for iPad original, Amazon . Com has them for $14, I bought one last week, regular price is $89. I really is cool

alxb577

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like the otterbox defender. I don't have to worry about my iPad at all. It does add a lot of bulk though which I don't really mind since I just throw it in my backpack. I really hope the cover that I comes with doesn't break like the otter box belt clip always does because I find it really useful. But overall the case is great and if there was a tablet that is as rugged as the iPad is with the otterbox it would easily cost 2000 dollars and be called military grade.

bong512

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I also purchased this case for my ipad2, since it is not yet available here in our country, i ordered mine from the states (amazon.com) and luckily my cousin in law visited us and was able to bring it along with him. It is a very nice case and since we have a 1 year old kid, we feel our precious ipad is very well protected. It took me while to choose between the ipad 2 defender version or the new one because there were a lot of negative reviews on the previous model. As soon as i put i on it feels really solid and looks sexy, i bought a lot of cases before and i'm pretty sure this would be the last one. I highly recommend this case especially if you have kids. I rate this 10 out of 10.

alxb577

iPF Noob
Reaction score
marksevlin said:
Could you tell me that in how many ranges it is available?

There's only 2 versions for the iPad 2 and only the new one works for the iPad new but the newer one is wayyyy better I had both and compared to the new case the old one is junk.

thomaswoodlick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I rally like this ipad case. I will surely buy this case for my new ipad. Can you tell me the actual price of it and also tell me from where I can easily buy it.

banjaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Defender for my Ipad 1. I noticed with the case in the video the screen is not anti glare? Either way, these Otterboxes are the best. I have one for my Blackberry and I love it.

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
alxb577 said:
There's only 2 versions for the iPad 2 and only the new one works for the iPad new but the newer one is wayyyy better I had both and compared to the new case the old one is junk.

Yes I had heard that about old model. I had the original OBD for iPad 1 and was very happy with it. I wanted to have the new OBD for day of release of new iPad which I had on pre order. I actually had ordered what turned out to be the old iPad 2 version but cancelled that. Had to pre order direct from US. Not even sure it is available direct yet in UK. I was happy that the new OBD arrived a day before the new iPad launch. Yes it is superior in every way to original iPad OBD far less the iPad 2 version. The built in screen protector and the fact it has the built in magnets for auto shut down / start is the icing on the cake.

SquiderDragon

alxb577

iPF Noob
Reaction score
monika_chrabowska said:
It is really nice. Let me know where I can buy it.

You can order it at otterbox.com, there coming out with colors soon but I'll stick with black.

bong512

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just noticed that the silicone part at the back easily gets scratched, i wonder if there's any preventive method to avoid it, but then at least it's just the rubber part and not the ipad, still love the case but the scrathes sometimes annoy me. Compared to my sister's defender for ipad2 (which is older than mine) the silicone ruuber on hers does not have scratches at all

Most reactions

Latest posts