What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 Otterbox Defender review

Buttafingas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I received my Otterbox Defender case today. Initial thought is that it WILL protect the Ipad 2 from the dreaded "corner drop" that I have already experienced....twice. Obviously, it adds on some bulk, but sometimes form has to be sacrificed for function. The big problem I see is a design flaw in the screen cover that also doubles as a stand for your ipad. The screen cover's edge covers the home button, and when a little bit of pressure is applied to the screen cover (ie placing it in my briefcase), the home button is pushed and the ipad 2 turns on. I'm hesitant to keep it due to this flaw. I'm sure the home button will be activated when items shift in my briefcase. I don't understand how Otterbox didn't see this in the testing stage. I have included an image to help explain. I just talked to OtterBox customer service and there were unaware of the problem, but they are sending me out a new Defender case. I'll keep you posted.

Attachments

• IMG_1543[1].jpg
    IMG_1543[1].jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 2,283

ATC2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. They're a great company I own two phone cases and the customer service rocks, but it seems that they may have rushed this one.

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I, too, was interested in the Otterbox case for iPad - but I missed the integrated screen protector as well as the various colors they offered - if I'm going to add bulk to my iPad, it's not going to be black and boring! I also wasn't too sure of the weird cover thing. Interesting to hear about this issue....thanks for saving me $90, I think I'll stick to the Gumdrop case instead.

Most reactions

Latest posts