What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New iPad accessories???

jimmy23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So will the smart cover fit the new ipad, and are there any new accessories for the new ipad? Also is it the same size, shape etc, so old things like smart cover compatible cases will work?
AND do you think that screen protectors are better to have or not? :D

aprilw0418

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smart Cover will be fit for the new ipad. we could see from the product launch event picture.
TheSpec - Apple unveils new ipad with better display, 4G...
I think it should be the same ipad 2 smart cover.

Also we can see some website already update the accessorie for the new ipad. I got the ipad 2 accessories from them.
http://www.special4u.ca/the-new-ipad-accessories

I am using the screen protector for my ipad 2. I do have one scratch from my brother key cut on the screen protector.. but it is not one the screen... lol.

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems like Apple tried its best keeping it the same dimensions. Most stuff will probably fit.

Possibly some issues with some very tight back protectors as its slightly thicker.

didnt get one yet, do cant test.....

jessbarney777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ZooGue has announced that their iPad 2 Cases fit The New iPad, so I assume that other cases will fit, as well.

The New iPad will be slightly thicker and heavier than the iPad 2 (thanks to that 42.5-watt-hour lithium polymer battery, which will support that 2048 x 1536 "Retina Display", among other new battery-sapping upgrades), but the difference will be so minimal that it doesn't seem to effect the way the cases fit. :)

Most reactions