What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new iOS Lion

ferr5175

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it really worth getting? Will I notice big improvements if I buy it?

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like most upgrades I think it boils down to personal opinion. Read about all of the 250+ features and decide for yourself. Without research you are setting yourself up for disappointment.
After your research I'm sure you'll make the right choice.

Bimjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my opinion there are enough new features to make the switch worthwhile. Just the gestures alone are probably worth it. I've only been playing for an hour and I love it so far.

YMMV

Jbembenek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be careful that you are not using any applications made for the Power PC. They will not work in Lion. Applications such as Office, Dreamweaver, some versions of Final cut will not work in Lion. You can check an application by starting it and then start the activity monitor. Find the app name and look across to see if it says intel or power PC. If it says power PC it will not work. There is no support foe Rosetta in Lion. So check out the applications you need before you upgrade. You will find the activity monitor in you utilities folder.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Just to point out that Lion is not iOS, and is not for ipads or other idevices. Its the new Mac OS.

I'm sure the OP realises this but he did call it iOS and he has posted on a ipad forum.

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am happy with the new Lion and for the price much better.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate having such a slow DSL connection at times like this. I estimate 8 hours to download.

SueG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although my download time was 5 hours. Well worth it though. First installed it on a separate partition from Snow Leopard. Installed really quickly. So impressed I installed it the next day as an upgrade over Snow Leopard. All went well with only one app not compatible, SugarSync which was moved to a folder imcompatible apps.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
im new to mbp as well as ipad2 so im nervous about installing Lion on my mbp such as the length of time and do you have to stand over it all the time,can you do other things while its downloading and what if something goes wrong midway.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Time of download about 1 and half hour and I love it. Well worth the money and time. Total app is about 3.5 GB. Simple process as you choose the Lion App from your I Mac App and go..
I highly recommend it.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Time of download about 1 and half hour and I love it. Well worth the money and time. Total app is about 3.5 GB. Simple process as you choose the Lion App from your I Mac App and go..
I highly recommend it.

Have you got a good speed then?mine is about 4.5-5

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mine took like 2.5 hrs and that was the release day, now I can't wait en la "nubecita"/iCloud and iOS5.

Most reactions

Latest posts