What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Limera1n Thread - Please keep all Limera1n news and problems here!

Afide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm so happy that Geohots is an asshole, postponed GP - and I can't even get his half-assed JB to work, SERIOUSLY?

garysipad444

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, what do you mean "jailbreak"? I'm new to iPad and forum. Also, why does my "Rocketfish" Bluetooth not connect to my iPad? Thanks

ivanmarkchang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gary, you have some reading to do :p

jailbreaking is essentially hacking your ipad to allow third party software and also access to the files system of the ipad. browse some more!

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it sounds like because you are trying to sync pirated copy of apps or games. you shouldn't have problems with legally purchased ones.

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freeipadjailbreak.org
Also, what is "limerain" too? Thanks
Limera1n is the new tool that is installed as an App in the iPad with DFU Mode. once installed, you run this App Limera1n and you can install Cydia throught this App, so this App install other App (Cydia) That's how it works basically, but, behind this basic explanation, there are hundreds of Hacking Exploit codes!!! We cannot understand! :)

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well. Two days and I'm still stuck in recovery mode with a 64 GB 3G iPad.

Tried everything everybody's mentioned, but nothing works.

ss56709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May seem to know the problem

I been reading a lot of threads and I have tried myself numerous times on jailbreaking. I seem to notice that the iPads with preloaded 3.2.2 firmware seem to work while the ones with 3.2.1 or 3.2 originally installed do not. I don't know why this is the case, but that seems to be trend. It has nothing to do with MB or MC model.

EDIT please don't do that

Last edited by a moderator:

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I been reading a lot of threads and I have tried myself numerous times on jailbreaking. I seem to notice that the iPads with preloaded 3.2.2 firmware seem to work while the ones with 3.2.1 or 3.2 originally installed do not. I don't know why this is the case, but that seems to be trend. It has nothing to do with MB or MC model.

I didn't have 3.2.2 pre-loaded. I was running 3.2.1 and updated to 3.2.2 immediately before jailbreaking.

I also failed the first 3 times I tried Limera1n. Then I tried it with iTunes running and I adjusted the timing of the button presses/releases, and it worked. Back it the old days, when the first jailbreak tools were out, many people had problems jailbreaking their iPhones because they couldn't put the device into DFU mode correctly, and it all had to do with the timing of the button presses and releases. You need to be pretty precise. Restore mode and DFU mode are not the same thing.

ss56709

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I didn't have 3.2.2 pre-loaded. I was running 3.2.1 and updated to 3.2.2 immediately before jailbreaking.

I also failed the first 3 times I tried Limera1n. Then I tried it with iTunes running and I adjusted the timing of the button presses/releases, and it worked. Back it the old days, when the first jailbreak tools were out, many people had problems jailbreaking their iPhones because they couldn't put the device into DFU mode correctly, and it all had to do with the timing of the button presses and releases. You need to be pretty precise. Restore mode and DFU mode are not the same thing.

Hey, then what is your timing?

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hey, then what is your timing?

Try to hold the home button a little longer.

ivanmarkchang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
installed!

i made one small mistake during the install. the box told me to let go of the power button so i let go of both the top and home button at the same time. it asked me to hold the buttons again. i just held onto the home button and i was golden :D

dapeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have one question.

Now that limera1n has installed Cydia and my 3.2.2 is fully jailbroken, do I still need the limera1n app on my ipad or can I just delete it. Cydia is there so do I have to still keep limera1n as an app?

Most reactions

Latest posts