What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The lamest criticism of the Ipad

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a new concept in computing. You can only focus group so much until you have to release your product and see what happens. If flash becomes that big of a deal Apple will address it. If the iPad is lightening fast - multitasking won't become an issue. If not - it will and Apple will address.

You can argue almost every side of these arguments - but what counts is when this stuff hits the street and a million creative minds think up new ways to use and invent.

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know what gets to me. All the people out there who keep saying the Ipad is just a giant Ipad touch or Iphone. That's like saying "why buy a laptop? It's just a smaller computer."

Yes it is running the same OS. Why wouldn't it? The OS is specifically designed for touch, why would Apple not use it for a device controlled by touch?

The size matters! It's part of the whole experience. It makes everything easier to do. If you want a pocket device, then buy one. Some people want something with a bigger screen without the weight of a notebook. If you don't want a larger device, there's nothing wrong with that. If you're happy with your Iphone, great! But just because *you* don't want such a device, don't have such a lack of imagination to think there aren't users with different preferences and need.

The chip in the Ipad is far more robust than anything you will get on an Ipod touch, Iphone or other pocket device, or smartphone.

I guess a stool would be a dumb idea too. After all it's just a little chair without the back :D

great post, enjoyed reading it

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm with brobar, calling it a gaint iPod Touch is hardly an insult to anyone who's used (and abused) their iPod Touch even without jailbreaking. What would you rather have a 9", 13", 15", or 17" laptop/netbook? 15" for me because it's big enough to be useful but not hogging that extra space in backpack that a 17" does.

A 9.7" iPod Touch has very different uses from a 3.5" because it is bigger and has more screen space. Take the iWork Apps, Omni products, the NOVA FPS, video watching, book reading. QED

It definately goes beyond that 'argument' in terms of hardware improvements but that is to be expected.

Last edited:

iDaryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with Gregg...

Nice post... Except that...it IS just a giant ipod touch.

With the better processor they should have allowed real multi-tasking at the very least.

Geing a giant ipod touch isn't necessarily a bad thing, but you people have got to stop pretending that it's much more than that. It's going to do exactly what I need it to do.

People are constantly saying, "My laptop does this and it can't...". I reply with, "Guess what idiot... IT'S NOT A LAPTOP!!". Jeez!! Why is that such a hard concept to grasp!! It's not supposed to be a netbook, a laptop, a PC, a Mac, an iPod Touch, or an iPhone!! It's sprinkled with a little bit of them all!!

It's perfect for what I need. I have a MacBook Pro, so I refuse to buy a crappy netbook (have yet to see a 'good' one). I'll use that if I need laptop functionality.

It's like trying to compare a Formula 1 cars with Rally cars, and NASCARs with Monster Trucks! See how stupid that sounds!! :)

HX_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why are people so offended that it's called a giant iTouch?

It is a giant iTouch...AND THAT'S OK!

The iTouch (and iPhone) is a great product...the iPad takes that and improves on it, by giving it a bigger screen and more processing power.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[QUOTE=gregg

So...you want a big iPod Touch

Never handle a touch model before i hear there nice ..;) but i have a older model ipod unit and it works for me ..but like i said i want to lighten the load iam carrying ..

You have to not really pay me no mind right now for iam on a rant about the airlines and how they raped me over a overweight bag and it really still a little raw with me ..for that was a price of traveling but it still a little raw with me

My last trip out the airline dug there claws into me for a $.145.oo dollars for a overwieght bag for beening 15.pds over weight one way on a bag and another $.145.oo dollars on the trip back home . ..For i tried to pack for the two week trip by takeing a enough cloths so i would have to do laundry when i was out on the road and be able to have some down time instead of spending the day off that we would get in the middle of the project dureing laundry ..plus they wieghed my laptop bag to make sure it was not overweight and could charge me for it.. so this time i going out with the basic and they can kiss my bbbbbb where the sun does not shine ..

When iam going out this time i takeing a carryon sized bag and plan on doin the laundry and drying cleaning as need along with they are not getting there hooks into my pockets again ..

Attachments

• bg-xr_04b.jpg
    bg-xr_04b.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 153
  • bg-xr_04a.jpg
    bg-xr_04a.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 140
  • bg-xr_04c.jpg
    bg-xr_04c.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 160

pcimaging

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let us say the iPad is just a larger iPod touch. That is not a problem at all for me. The screen being larger means using it for reading email and the web will be a lot easier. Along with the larger size comes a larger speaker which will be usable and does not require earphones. Being that my eyesight is not so great anymore all the apps will be like a totally new experience. Any of you play Virtual Pool on your iPod touch's? I look forward to that on the iPad. Where the iPad being larger works best for me is when I am sitting in a room with customers wanting to share video productions along with photo projects. I will stream them to my iPad using Air Video and because of the ability to literally flip over the iPad away from me, they will be seeing it in a way not possible using the iPod touch.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Along with the larger size comes a larger speaker which...

Wow, that is a very good point I have yet to see made if true. Is that outlined in any of the tech specs? So it can be backedup in an argument. :)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well my iPod Touch is still the best device I ever bought...so I see no reason the iPad won't be better!

pcimaging

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Along with the larger size comes a larger speaker which...

Wow, that is a very good point I have yet to see made if true. Is that outlined in any of the tech specs? So it can be backedup in an argument. :)

Yes it is. I would suggest you look at the specs on the Apple web site. I am not going to tell you I can personally attest to how good since I have obviously not yet listened to it.

Most reactions

Latest posts