What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the connector changing?

GIacona

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a current owner of an iPad2 and I am considering purchasing a dock so I can listen to music and stuff. The dock I'mabout to purchase is a little pricey so I want to be sure it will work with any new models apple comes out with. I have heard that apple may change the connecter on the next model. So with that being said unless an adapter is made any newer devices won't work with docks.

Is there any truth to this? Or is it just a rumor? If they do change it would you expect it to change on all new apple devices such as iPod, iPod touch, and iPhone? Am I better off holding off until next Year to buy the dock? I just don't want to waste money and then if I buy a new device I can't use it.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Even if Apple makes an adapter there is no guarantee it will work with a dock. Any adapter will be designed to work with a cable and may not have enough stability to work with a dock.

Most reactions