What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the kensington slingbag failed today

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
today my slingbag strap broke today when i was getting out of the car today.. i grab it by the strap like i allways do when i get out of the car and it came apart right at the strap goes into the bag on the top of the bag ..so far iam not happy with the kensington company for i used there laptop bags and felt it would been made with better materials like there laptop bags.... so iam not happy with the bag for it should have held up a little better ..

iam going to start carrying the ipad it sleeve then pack it into the regular school typle day pack for travel ..so for now iam looking at bags toreplace..

the one bag i was looking at a STM scout extra small messenger bag model to carry the ipad and it access items around now ..iam really not happy that the strap broken after a couple of months of daily use ..

here is a few pictures of the bag i was looking ..

Attachments

• dp-0966-1_full.jpg
    dp-0966-1_full.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 497
  • scout-extra-small06_large.jpg
    scout-extra-small06_large.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 685
  • scout-extra-small11_large.jpg
    scout-extra-small11_large.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 660
OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
they are going to send me a new bag here in a couple of day but iam not really wanting the sling bag as much as before..

to me if it broke in less than 2.1/2.months of daily use then it can not be trusted to be used in the long haul ..

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope there was no damage to your belongings!

One reason I got the Targus net book bag was the handle. And there's a lot of room inside for such a tiny bag.

TSM097CA_cases_b.jpg

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there was no damage to the ipad and other items that where carried inside the bag .. the thing was the broke less than three months of daily use.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dang, n i was seriously considering that bag. He is right, if it broke now, then a new one is built the same. I use to have that exact Targus bag for my laptop. Dont have it anymorenthough. Plus its too big fornthe ipad by itself.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dang, n i was seriously considering that bag. He is right, if it broke now, then a new one is built the same. I use to have that exact Targus bag for my laptop. Dont have it anymorenthough. Plus its too big fornthe ipad by itself.

I have my iPad in a Griffin folio case at all times. Both of them together fit perfectly in that Targus bag. Then there are the wirings, car and wall chargers, phone and charger, camera and batteries and charger, papers and paraphernalia and a partridge in a pear tree. Er, nix the last one, it's a GPS.:D

frankdawsonjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too was thinking about getting that bag, glad I didn't now! I decided to get the case logic esling large which fits my iPad with the apple case perfectly! Only thing I am having trouble getting used to is the flap on the front, there is no easy way to get it out of the way while still slung.

The STM looks like a nice choice too!

Frank

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am still using my incas travel kit bag but the handle sucks, not in a good place and no shoulder strap. The STM bag looks awesome and the price isn't bad.

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the kensington saddle bag i had for my laptop was top notch unit and that why i went with the kensington slingbag for i used there products a few times and allways like that they where top notch items that i used .. the problem is where strap had broken is right at the strap goes into the bag ..

the problem i think they tried to gethe bag out as fast as they could along with the first one where not as good as the saddlebag models for the laptop ..

i wil let you know how good the other bag is when they ship me the bag in the comeing week ..

Last edited:

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This sort of thing is the reason I carry mine in an almost indestructible North Face courier bag.... ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts