What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The iPad - For Absolute Beginners

angec

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like this, super basic, but sometimes super basic helps when you're getting ready to buy new (for you) technology. Thanks!!

linds_15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyone know if there is a way, with or without an app for my ipad to become an alarm clock when i put it into a dock, dont have an dock station just the apple little white thing, or if there is one that works only on the iphone thats fine too
thanks

buzzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got a real Beginners problem. I just got an Ipad and can't even turn it on. All I get is a picture of a USB connector and an Itune logo. I plugged the USB into my PC as instructed, but nothing happens. Help!

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
buzzy said:
I've got a real Beginners problem. I just got an Ipad and can't even turn it on. All I get is a picture of a USB connector and an Itune logo. I plugged the USB into my PC as instructed, but nothing happens. Help!

Have you downloaded the latest version of iTunes onto your computer before plugging the iPad in?

The Archangel

buzzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank You

To Gabriel1 and beavery a big thanks for putting me onto Itunes installed. That solved my problem.

Buzzy

Temp31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah, this guide was great. Sent this link to someone who's relatively new to computers/tablets and told me it was very helpful.

Thanks for this!:thumbs:

Grizwald

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An in auspicious start. Getting rid of the forum app popup

New to iPad, new to forum. Each time I change a page the. GD pop up from the forum app appears with the notation cancel to make it go away indefinitely or download. I downloaded it and yet it continues to appear each time I change the page. On a possibly related issue each page change shows I have not signed in. By the way number 2 the download screen shows that I have already downloaded. By the way I have searched and searched and searched and read the beginner instructions

SMQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even after a few months, I am still a newbie. Is it possible to do a right click function on the iPad? If so, how? I have one program that requires this step. Thanks

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SMQ said:
Even after a few months, I am still a newbie. Is it possible to do a right click function on the iPad? If so, how? I have one program that requires this step. Thanks

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

There is no right click as such but you can just long press images or script to bring up pop ups to copy, paste etc. I hope this is what you mean

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts