What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The iPad - For Absolute Beginners

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then is this the thread for stupid newbie questions?

I have yet to receive my iPad....but I have bought a screen protector and a case.

Can I buy apps now and park them in iTunes....or must I wait to receive my iPad and buy apps thru it?

CM

OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Then is this the thread for stupid newbie questions?

I have yet to receive my iPad....but I have bought a screen protector and a case.

Can I buy apps now and park them in iTunes....or must I wait to receive my iPad and buy apps thru it?

CM

Hi! No need to wait, you can buy the apps and just store them in iTunes.

Radas_cz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you think that iPad is good thing for studying?i wanna use it for university and i am not sure if iPad is enough for works on Management of sports.I probably will need word,excel and something like that and can coordinate with my schoolmates...

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to be a little more specific...what do you mean "for studying"? You can't get word and excel but you can get Documents to Go which has support for those types of documents. Also you need to be more specific when you say "coordinate with my schoolmates". What does that mean?

OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you think that iPad is good thing for studying?i wanna use it for university and i am not sure if iPad is enough for works on Management of sports.I probably will need word,excel and something like that and can coordinate with my schoolmates...

I think so. With DocsToGo for office files and GoodReader for PDF books it's great. The next update of iBooks will add even more with highlighting and adding notes to books.

Radas_cz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that i can't have word and excel but I think there are apps which can make dokuments in doc. and xls. and I am wonder if they are useful or they are not adequate.

I meant sending the files between iPad and others notebook with WiFi etc...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
11) What is jailbreaking?
It also gives access to features that Apple didn’t intend for normal people.
Then that means jailbreaking would be perfect for someone named Abbie... Abbie Normal!

abbynormal.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts