What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The International Herald Tribune Releases Free iPad App

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Paid Content reports today that the International Herald Tribune has just released an iPad app, which for now will be free, due to its sponsorship by Cartier. Unfortunately though, the app will only be free until the beginning of 2011, which is exactly the same scenario as the IHT’s parent company, The New York Times, which bought out the Paris-based paper back in 2002. Although the International Herald Tribune is, according to Paid Content, essentially now the international edition of the New York Times, and is powered by Press Engine, the New York Times Company’s mobile content software, it does still come with its own masthead, and is still very popular in its own right in Europe, especially with travellers and tourists, so an iPad app seems like an excellent idea. The app, like the paper itself, will feature world news, comprehensive business news, sports news, and columnists such as Roger Cohen and Paul Krugman. There’s also a Day in Pictures slideshow featuring photography from around the world.

Click here to download the free (for now!) app: International Herald Tribune for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Paid Content NYT Lets IHT Go Free For Now On iPad | paidContent:UK

Last edited:

galaxyfaraway

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this mean that if you download the app now for free, you will be charged for keeping it on your ipad starting in January?

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
I think it means that you'll have to start paying a subscription.

galaxyfaraway

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will they automatically start charging and taking the money out of my account? Or will I be able to remove the app before that starts? Or does adding the app include my tacit agreement that I will be allowing them to charge me and drain my account without further notice? Because I think it would be really cool to have until they start charging for it, as it is not something I would ordinarily get.

Most reactions

Latest posts