What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASA Releases Free iPad App

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

NASA has released a free HD iPad app which features live streaming video from NASA Television, an interactive map with links to all the agency’s field centers , quick links to feature stories and launch schedules, a scrolling “alerts banner,†and a NASA featured link, with the first featured link focusing on women in space.

The solar system is featured on the app’s landing page, giving users the chance to learn more about our neighbourhood, the universe, and NASA missions. The app also features the facility to search updated, higher resolution NASA Image of the Day and Astronomy Picture of the Day collections and agency videos on demand.

"Our goal with the first NASA App was to deliver current mission information, images, videos and news updates in the best possible way for the iPhone and iPod touch," said Jerry Colen, NASA App project manager at NASA's Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Calif. "Now we've enhanced and expanded the application to include even more content and really take advantage of the iPad's larger screen."

You can download the app here for free.

Source: NASA

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freeipadjailbreak.org

NASA has released a free HD iPad app which features live streaming video from NASA Television, an interactive map with links to all the agency’s field centers , quick links to feature stories and launch schedules, a scrolling “alerts banner,†and a NASA featured link, with the first featured link focusing on women in space.

The solar system is featured on the app’s landing page, giving users the chance to learn more about our neighbourhood, the universe, and NASA missions. The app also features the facility to search updated, higher resolution NASA Image of the Day and Astronomy Picture of the Day collections and agency videos on demand.

"Our goal with the first NASA App was to deliver current mission information, images, videos and news updates in the best possible way for the iPhone and iPod touch," said Jerry Colen, NASA App project manager at NASA's Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Calif. "Now we've enhanced and expanded the application to include even more content and really take advantage of the iPad's larger screen."

You can download the app here for free.

Source: NASA
Downloaded and Using the App. Very Interesting! ;)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is already the #1 free app and once you download it, you will see why. The images are breathtaking to say the least. I can't even begin to image how long it would take to go through the whole app... days... weeks! Bravo NASA!

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NASA rules!!! Why would you not be a fan of them?!?!?!?!

I will get it as soon as I get another prepaid card. Damn Apple overcharged my last one. :mad:

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I will get it as soon as I get another prepaid card. Damn Apple overcharged my last one. :mad:

It's a free app ;)

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Way cool. Just another advantage the iPad has over the kindle :D

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It's a free app ;)

does not matter if it is free or not.....if you owe them you get nothing. No updates and nothing else.

Fixed it up now and I have this app and owe them nothing now.

Most reactions

Latest posts