What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The games we want on iPad

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ipad-asphalt-012710.jpg

Im pretty impressed with the games so far, such as N.O.V.A. I ran into some info on another site and this is what most of them think.

Real time strategy: The interface just isn't big enough for detailed troop management on the iPhone, but the iPad's larger display could be the perfect thing for trying to keep up with a hectic battlefield while managing resources. A beefier processor means the game won't be held up by too many orcs/soldiers/space cars on screen. The apps we want: Command and Conquer, StarCraft 2.

Board games: It's obviously a great size for classics like chess and checkers, but we could see playing a hell of a game of Risk that we could either pass around the room or play against friends online. OK, we were kidding about the friends part. Good luck trying to get people over to your house to "pass the giant iPod Touch around." The apps we want: Risk, Pandemic, Othello.

Most iPhone games with a virtual d-pad: Think of it, if you can move the buttons on your favorite d-pad controlled iPhone game, you may never have to wish for invisible thumbs again. Well, you might still wish for invisible thumbs but only so you can freak out neighborhood children. The apps we want (and are thankfully already out): Pac-Man Championship Edition, Wolfenstein RPG.

That one on the iPhone where it looks like you're drinking a beer: Dude: Giant beer.

Adventure games: We know some of these have been making their way to the iPhone, but pointing and clicking your way through adventure classics just seems like a natural with the iPad's larger screen (not to mention the reduction on iStrain as you read those piles of text). More and more of these gems are being remade with high resolution graphics -- we think it's high time to start enjoying them on a screen that does them justice. The apps we want: Everything Telltale's ever done, Quest For Glory.

The games that run like crud on your iPhone: After all, you've already paid for them, shouldn't you be able to play them without a bunch of chugging and stuttering? Note: This doesn't really apply to those of you rocking a 3GS, though we'll see how well your phone continues to stack up when devs also have the juiced up iPad in mind for their apps.

Popcap: Sorry guys, but there's probably nothing to be done about this one. They're going to make games, and those games are going to be a lot of fun. You're not going to be able to stop playing it. Plants Vs. Zombies is going to be fun on the iPhone and it's going to be several percentages funner on the iPad. Sorry. The apps we don't necessarily want but will be powerless to avoid: Peggle, Bejeweled, Plants Vs. Zombies.
- Justin McElroy

Tell what you think about the games, what do you want to see.

Craig

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
I'd really love to see some of the old-school Lucas Arts game like The Dig, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, ect on the iPad.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know... I'd really like to see a game like Okami. You could have some real fun with the larger screen and gesture driven special moves interface. I guess something like Black & White would also be doable.

MacDude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to see a World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2 light versions.

Doubt it will ever happen with current or even next generation hardware.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Starcraft 2 lite, "Now made with reused sprite art from Starcraft 1 for that retro feel." :D
(Does not play connect with full Starcraft as Korean power-gamers declared it an unfair advantage because it runs smoother then a super gaming righ.)

Actually come to think of it... without the need for a high end graphics package I wonder if Achron could make it on the iPad. I'd love to use the a time slider with just my finger. That would be sweet to scrub back and forth through time and micromanage a battle temporarily as well a spatially.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if it would be possible to port Marathon Aleph One to the iPad. Not much of anything exciting there but not exactly a processor demanding game either.

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plants vs zombies and feildrunners runners will be intense and very addictive all over again
and angry birds will be a treat to play
I looking foward to putting my guitar tool kit on ipad with tuner and all chords shapes
i think there a huge Market for guitar apps now

iDaryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm honestly surprised that no one said 'FarmVille' or 'CafeWorld' yet!!! Even though this is only possible if (1) Apple and Adobe settle the 'Flash' issue, or (2) some 'future millionaire' creates iPad versions of them...

I'm not a big 'FarmVille' fan, but I am a developer and... "It's all about the Benjamins!!"! :)

Most reactions