What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First iPad Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already have a load of games which I play on the touch - Angry Birds, Bejewlled, Peggle, Planst Vs Zombies, FIeld Runners, Aurora Feint 2, Zombie Smash, others I cant remember - but I wanted some "proper" iPad games.

So, I have just bought Warpgate HD (looks great), Bruce Lee Dragon Warrior (was going to get Streetfighter 4, but there isnt an iPad version yet), Pocket Legends, Pinball HD, We Rule, and Aurora Feint 3.

I was tempted to get Command and Conquer Red Alert, but was put off by the high price and poor reviews. Ive always enjoyed the C&C games on PC, and thought the iPad is the ideal platform for RTS' games.

Are there any alternatives I should consider? I am aware of Civilizations, so that is a possibility, but again its quite expensive for an iPad game.

Thanks guys :)

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am enjoying Snowboard which was free yesterday today $1.99 but there is a lite free version.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
You brought up C&C... I went ahead and got the iPhone version for $.99 instead of the iPad version simply because of cost. It's okay, but I for sure would not pay the iPad price for it.

There are several racing games for the iPad, and most are good. Check out touch arcade.com for reviews and user input in the forums.

If you like turn based strategy I would strongly recommend Battle for Wesnoth. One of the best in the genre on any platform...

Last edited:
OP
keroro1979

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im still not sold on the idea of racing on the iPad / touch. Tried a couple of racing games on the touch (admittedly a while ago), and I cant get used to the controls - I was the same with racing game son the Wii, unless they had an option to use the classic controller.

Will check up Wesnoth though, looks pretty good. Suppose I can always dream about Final Fantasy Tactics, Warcraft 3, and Age of Empires :)

thedunn805

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Call of Duty Nazi Zombies is fun, I thought it would be hard to play, but once you get used to the touch controls it's really fun.
Homerun Battle 3D HD is fun, I have it for my iPad, Nexus One, iPhone, and on some other phones. But it's the best on iPad.
Marble Mixer is fun to play with other people

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Real Racing HD for the iPad has got to be the best racing game for iPad. Well worth a try, not sure if there is a lite version of it for you to try before buying it.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Im still not sold on the idea of racing on the iPad / touch. Tried a couple of racing games on the touch (admittedly a while ago), and I cant get used to the controls - I was the same with racing game son the Wii, unless they had an option to use the classic controller.

Will check up Wesnoth though, looks pretty good. Suppose I can always dream about Final Fantasy Tactics, Warcraft 3, and Age of Empires :)

FF Tactics is coming to iPhone, and of course will work on iPad. I just beat FF1 on my iPad, will probably pick up FF2 sometime.......

OP
keroro1979

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got FF1 and 2. Although I dont know why, as I have them on about 3 other consoles :D

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As this is a very old thread and the Member has been answered, we will now close this thread.

......Thank you for your understanding

.................THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts