What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The first few days with my Ipad2

Nanna2Five

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my Ipad2 for a few days and I am amazed! it really is way more than I expected! LOVE reading books in Ibooks,
I got a very cool app called Zinio, it is a magazine type app you can buy mags and read them but you can also buy back issues!!! and I am now addicted to magazines on the Ipad LOL
Ummmmmmmmmmm mindless games are great! Like puzzles, word games & such.
My 2 year old Granddaughter is in love with it! I got her a bunch of books and apps, The books are interactive and so much fun! Shes really enjoying it! it is scary how fast she learned to use the Ipad LOL

Then today............ Well my 2 year old grandson was admitted to the Pediatric ICU early yesterday with bad asthma, suffice to say I have been on my cell off and on all day well my minutes are low, And I thought how they always say " Hay we have an App for that" Well THEY DO! I typed in "phone calls" in the search bar in the app store and found one called Talkatone, I opened it up "dialed" a phone number and OMG it works! I am serious! Free phone calls and texts! Incoming and outgoing! No limit just free!

Can you tell I am excited? LOL Well lack of sleep, total stress, and playing with my Ipad has me hyper I guess :)

OP
N

Nanna2Five

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, he is still in ICU but his stats are coming up. So hoping he might go home by Saturday

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lovely to share in your excitement of the iPad and I'm so glad your grandson is improving.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really glad you and your family are enjoying the iPad so much! I love iBooks too, and it's the main app I use these days. I also have the Kindle app and a few books on there.

Your grandson is in my thoughts!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

asha.a.rao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nanna2Five said:
I have had my Ipad2 for a few days and I am amazed! it really is way more than I expected! LOVE reading books in Ibooks,
I got a very cool app called Zinio, it is a magazine type app you can buy mags and read them but you can also buy back issues!!! and I am now addicted to magazines on the Ipad LOL
My 2 year old Granddaughter is in love with it! I got her a bunch of books and apps, The books are interactive and so much fun! Shes really enjoying it! it is scary how fast she learned to use the Ipad LOL

Then today............ Well my 2 year old grandson was admitted to the Pediatric ICU early yesterday with bad asthma, suffice to say I have been on my cell off and on all day well my minutes are low, And I thought how they always say " Hay we have an App for that" Well THEY DO! I typed in "phone calls" in the search bar in the app store and found one called Talkatone, I opened it up "dialed" a phone number and OMG it works! I am serious! Free phone calls and texts! Incoming and outgoing! No limit just free!

Can you tell I am excited? LOL Well lack of sleep, total stress, and playing with my Ipad has me hyper I guess :)

Hey can u suggest some good puzzles? Thanks

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nanna2Five said:

Sorry to hear about your little grandson. Will he be OK?? Tell us about the call quality; did you have to get a new phone number?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF

OP
N

Nanna2Five

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all :) He is still in ICU but they took his Iv's out tonight so I take that as a good sign :)

The quality is good especially since it was free :) It is speaker phone and it sounds like it is. But I bought headphones today to use with it so I will see how that sounds. And they give you a number thru google voice. You can forward calls to it from your other numbers!

As for puzzles I will answer tomorrow I have had 4 kids all day ages 4 months 9 months 2 years & 5 years ALL on no sleep so I am kinda brain dead right now

OP
N

Nanna2Five

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quality is good enough that i am dropping my cell to 250 minutes a month. Just use the talkatone while at home. Will save a bunch of money! Oh and when I turned the IPAD2 off The texts that came while it was off where right there when I opened the app!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nanna2Five said:
Thank you all :) He is still in ICU but they took his Iv's out tonight so I take that as a good sign :)

The quality is good especially since it was free :) It is speaker phone and it sounds like it is. But I bought headphones today to use with it so I will see how that sounds. And they give you a number thru google voice. You can forward calls to it from your other numbers!

As for puzzles I will answer tomorrow I have had 4 kids all day ages 4 months 9 months 2 years & 5 years ALL on no sleep so I am kinda brain dead right now

Yes I downloaded it too. Not bad for a free app!!! I have it on both iPad and iPhone. Well, with iCloud, it automatically installs on both devices. I love Apple!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nanna2Five said:
My Grandbaby came home Sunday afternoon!!!!

YAY!!! Doing much better I assume ??

Sent from my Tricked Out Sparkly Pink Verizon Black iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts