What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Battery Life of iPad

iPad_Lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
akintomide said:
Yes. My iPod classic will not stay more than 6 hours when playing from the dock.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

My iPod touch (2gen) can not stay fully charged at all. It usually goes down to 20% after an hour. (If I'm lucky..)
Clearly a sign I need to upgrade?

Reaction score
iPad_Lover said:
My iPod touch (2gen) can not stay fully charged at all. It usually goes down to 20% after an hour. (If I'm lucky..)
Clearly a sign I need to upgrade?

Hey, my iPod video does the same. It plays audio 2h max, even when the screen is off.

Now I just use it as a USB drive.

iPad_Lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Hey, my iPod video does the same. It plays audio 2h max, even when the screen is off.

Now I just use it as a USB drive.

I rarely even use my iPod touch (2gen) anymore. It bothers me so much when I'm only on it for one hour and it shuts off on me!
The only thing I use it for, is to play a couple games (which info can not be transferred on, Ex. The "Story" series) and to use Undercover Tourist while in Florida. (I hate looking at that app with the iPad screen, plus the iPod touch is more portable)

Ugh, I may just have to sell it on eBay and wait for the iPod touch 5th gen :(

OP
A

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery Life at 17:31 is 53%
Lest I forget to add that my lightning is almost at zero. I find it easy to read at this setting and that may be accountable for the extended battery life.

OP
A

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still reporting.
Lest I forget to add that my lightning is almost at zero. I find it easy to read at this setting and that may be accountable for the extended battery life.

OP
A

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
akintomide said:
Still reporting.

18:31 Still on. Battery Life is 45%.

Sparrowhawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded an app called Battery Boost Magic (free) which tells you how much time you have available for different activities such as surfing, playing games and listening to music.
Works for me.

dellinqwartz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is a revolutionary device in more ways than one. If your iPad case traps heat, take the iPad out of the case when you are charging your iPad. Many of you will not allegation to chase this tip, but accomplish abiding you allegation your iPad at atomic already a ages to advance optimal array chemistry. If you expect to not be using your iPad during an extended period in the day, put the iPad to sleep to conserve power.

OP
A

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dellinqwartz said:
The iPad is a revolutionary device in more ways than one. If your iPad case traps heat, take the iPad out of the case when you are charging your iPad. Many of you will not allegation to chase this tip, but accomplish abiding you allegation your iPad at atomic already a ages to advance optimal array chemistry. If you expect to not be using your iPad during an extended period in the day, put the iPad to sleep to conserve power.

Thanks.

OP
A

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sparrowhawk said:
I have downloaded an app called Battery Boost Magic (free) which tells you how much time you have available for different activities such as surfing, playing games and listening to music.
Works for me.

I have just downloaded it too.

OP
A

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just used mine for 12 hours and I confirm that my usage represented my normal daily routine. I still have about 33% battery life before going to bed which is very good.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's in the works for this summer for sure. Sooner if it dies faster than that. We just bought a Tempurpedic mattress, a new shed, my iPad, new minivan and refaced our fireplace plus have birthdays coming up for 3 kids. We are trying to let the checking account breathe a little bit.

Fair enough. We just had the roof completely retiled. For the cost of that I could have bought two dozen iPads...

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say that with the lastes ios firmware update, my battery life improved, now its back to normal and am happy

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Most reactions