What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The BAD.

Phoxus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No Flash
No Webcam
$130 + $499 for it to have 3G & Wifi

No offense but that's not a smart start.

Skywaffle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was really excited about this, but am having a lot of mixed feelings as well. the high price, lack of web cam, and no multitasking seems a bit backwards for something so hyped.

mikerm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority, but I don't necessarily want a webcam in everything. In fact, I don't even use the one I have in my laptop ever.

I can see having the 3G circuitry in there costing a little bit more. I really like the pricing plans for data on 3G, but at the same time I'm not so excited it's ATT.

OP
P

Phoxus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not a big apple fan to begin with but I was hoping they'd have a revolutionized Tablet.

not a big ipod.

Bartjj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for those of you that want to save some cash & dont like at&t id say get a droid (or any other device that has the capability for wifi tethering), do the wifi tether hack, then bam 3g on your wifi based ipad that was $130 cheaper and you just saved yourself $30 a month if your already paying that for a smartphone in the first place such as myself ;) just trying to be helpful ;) and btw if your planning on using the 3g for extended periods of time id reccomend buying a secondary battery for your phone because wifi+3g runs down your battery quick (along with making your phone rlly hot D=)

scotty frank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am very surprised at the lack of multitasking. Even the iPod and iPhone can multi task....

Skywaffle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eh, the 'good' is that the product has still not matured yet. There is always the ability to improve the hardware through clever software development. Speaking of hardware, any idea on the amount of physical ram this machine has available? Anyone start playing with the SDK yet?

Most reactions

Latest posts