What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you seen the motorcycles thread? You should put those on there as well!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good karma said:
Sad story indeed, well kodak was the first inventor of digital photography back in 1975, but they did not want to destroy thier normal film photography division, but the japanese bought the license to the patents to the digital pictures from kodak and went ahead with it. This story was in yesterdays mero news paper

Thanks, i will post some more pictures then from my phone ddc4d

RIP Steve Jobs 

Yes, I read that too in a time line about the company GK.

In a way, it reminds me of the Colombian Government which sold off Panama!!

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Last edited:

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Shame about Kodak but that's life in the 21st century. Hold onto the old technology and never change and you will fail. You have to embrace the new technology. What about Peacocks? Past Times? I love these two stores for clothes and jewellery. Everything I love is gone. I saw a report that says all the Woolworths shops have now been filled but what I want to know is, with what? Proper shops or those cheap and nasty £1 shops you encounter lately or betting shops that seem to make up a lot of my local town nowadays. Times are a changing my friends!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

You share our shopping taste Hayley.

A new store opened in Bromley last week. Its a bit like a DIY (Homebase) and Woolworths mixed together . Its a good shop, and needed in Bromley.

Last edited:

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
Not my style. Where are the vintage bikes like HD, Indian and Sunbeam?

Im a bit like you Bob. My 2 wheelers were a Vespa scooter, than a BSA C45. I trained for the RAC Advanced Motorcycling Badge on a BSA Bantam.
I remember riding pillion on a Triumph Bonneville from Bournemouth to Devon & back. The bike's acceleration was wicked. It weighed a "ton" and needed 2 of us to put it upright if it fell over!

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
My brother is coming home from college on Wednesday. It'll just be the four of us this year, but it will be nice. My mom will be cooking and she cooks wonderfully.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

U are lucky your mum cooks good. my mum does not know how to cook at all. Pops knows how to cook but his work hours are longer than my mums so I come home early so I can cook or…
I buy!¡!¡!

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
both my parents cook good! my mom is the type to make a perfeect dinner and take her time. my dad is the type to cook something under 10 mins and be done with it.

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kingnba6 said:
both my parents cook good! my mom is the type to make a perfeect dinner and take her time. my dad is the type to cook something under 10 mins and be done with it.

Yes u guys r lucky

Then again she never cooks and today she made the best easy pasta it was so good at first we were like ok mum thanks for cooking but it , was so good really!!!

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So weekend before this past one, as I was slowly waking up from sleeping late, I had a kind of vision of myself riding a bicycle along with my oldest daughter while she was riding hers.

I made the decision to set a goal of losing some more weight (I've lost 11lbs since November already), get a bike and take my daughter for a ride around our downtown that the local cyclers do each month. I figured May or so would be enough time to get into shape.

This past week, I started riding the stationary bicycle at my fitness center to try to start to get into bike-riding shape.

I put feelers out on my Facebook page looking to purchase a bike from anyone that had one to sell. A couple from my church told me that they had one they would give me. Now, being a free bicycle, I wasn't expecting much. But the husband participates in triathlons and had recently acquired a new bike and didn't need his old one.

So I went to their house this past Saturday and checked it out. It's a Schwinn mountain bike in reasonably good shape, just some of the "chrome" paint flaking off the handlebars and a little rust where it's gone. Other than that it's in very good shape.

Here's the great part: they gave it to me for nothing!

So now I have a good bike, which I've already ridden around the neighborhood without falling and getting hurt. I haven't ridden a bicycle in 24 years!

It felt great and I'm feeling better each day. I should be able to get into good enough shape to make the March ride.

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, you never forget how to ride a bicycle.

It was scary at first before I pushed off to start, not knowing what was going to happen. I'm heavier now than I was back then and wasn't sure if I could balance correctly. No problems.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Yes, I read that too in a time line about the company GK.

In a way, it reminds me of the Colombian Government which sold off Panama!!

Blackberry is in a similar boat to Kodak, blackberry invented the smartphone category by their push email and bbm and was successful for many years until apple and android became better

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saw these model on Sunday at the science museum in south kensington, not far from the royal Albert hall

Attachments

• image-863978371.png
    image-863978371.png
    458.1 KB · Views: 97
  • image-1307924848.png
    image-1307924848.png
    612.4 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1357372975.png
    image-1357372975.png
    563.3 KB · Views: 102
  • image-888499994.png
    image-888499994.png
    556.4 KB · Views: 100

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the Science Museum (museums aren't really my thing but this place along with the Natural History Museum are great) but haven't been for years!

Holborn Viaduct is my next work location so maybe I'll take a tube over there sometime soon.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts