What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just heard Amy Winehouse is dead. What a shame! So sad. Loved her music.

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know it wasn't a surprise but still, such a waste! Read several blogs and her life was a downward spiral. I expect everyone will start downloading all her music and she will be top of iTunes again. Sad story of our modern times I suppose. I've got her music on all my devices.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:

Good grief it's not a surprise. Such a waste!

The "irony" is that my wife is reading the Michael Jackson story and we were commenting about his health problems.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Last edited:

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:

Oh this is terribly sad news. Regardless of the train wreck she was, I still harbored a wee little hope that she, somehow, would turn things around.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Drugs drugs and more drugs.
It's a shocking thing.
I feel for her family.
They must of watched her self destructing

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They did but some people just don't want the help. She kept falling for that idiot who helped her downward spiral. I was hoping she'd overcome it but that's life. Looks like Lindsey Lohan is being sued by one of the helpers at the Betty Ford clinic. There's another train wreck.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
55julie55 said:
Drugs drugs and more drugs.
It's a shocking thing.
I feel for her family.
They must of watched her self destructing

Yes we feel for her family, especially her father who adored her. Yesterday evening, BBC News 24 ran some interesting interviews with 3 people who met her.

My own thoughts for a long time were that she should have been sectioned, or the equivalent, to get her fully sorted out.

Let's hope some good may come out of this tragedy.

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
7164ff06.jpg

Aaah, the sheer luxury to be able to make oneself such nice cups of coffee! Not the nicest latte-art I've poured, but very tasty to drink! 

//Stefan

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Coffeeboy said:
Aaah, the sheer luxury to be able to make oneself such nice cups of coffee! Not the nicest latte-art I've poured, but very tasty to drink! 

//Stefan

What equipment do you use?

Sent from my iPad using 

I have a small LaVibiemme dual-boiler and a Compak K3-Touch grinder. This and an assortment of jugs and tampers and stuff! 

//Stefan

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Coffeeboy said:
I have a small LaVibiemme dual-boiler and a Compak K3-Touch grinder. This and an assortment of jugs and tampers and stuff! 

//Stefan

I'm envious. Once I bought a fresh coffee maker which ground the beans, added hot water to the coffee and then then filtered the coffee - all at the touch of a button, or when the timer switched on the grinder. It was heaven, but I had to return it because my better 50% found the machine too large for the utility room.

So now we content ourselves buying latte or cappuchino coffee in Costa or Nero. 

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Coffeeboy said:

//Stefan

Ohhhhh purdy! =)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions